ICM 1/32 scale AH-1G Cobra

Hi folks,

I’ve been weathering up the cockpit and may have gone a bit too far. I aimed for a dusty interior in the famous ‘Vietnam orange’ soil colour. This is all done in acrylics and there’s some more highlighting to come, I think. What do you think? A step too far? I can’t imagine real birds were allowed to get this dirty, but I don’t know. It may work with a canopy on and the rest of the kit all built and painted, but in close-up…???

3 Likes

Looks fine to me, I think if the rest is as weathered then she’ll look dandy. Damn dusty places landing strips can be.

Keith

Looks good to me. Dust like that builds up quick and even more so in constant use and crew jumping in and out, and not just pilots but ground Maint teams as well. The foot wells, and round the edges like you have done would probably be the last places to be cleaned up.

Great build Steve, re your post #10 question I’ll belatedly take up the challenge. There was so much dreck in 1972 I doubt ever figured in a ‘nam movie: How Can I Be Sure? (Cassidy)…Long Haired Lover from Liverpool (an Osmond)…Puppy Love (another Osmond)…My Ding-A-Ling (Berry)…I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing (some Seekers). The foregoing were all #1s in the UK that year, no wonder I turned to the Dark Side…of you know where :new_moon: :tumbler_glass:

The weathering looks good to me too. Nice job so far.

Gents, you are… gentlemen :smile: Thanks for the feedback. I was beginning to feel like I’d messed up (never a feeling that’s far away for me), so it is good to hear what you think. Martin, that’s a heady list of number ones. I think I had my first crush to the tune of Puppy Love. Her name was Wendy (sigh). OK, so with that nostalgic thought in mind, I’ll carry on.

Thanks again, guys.

1 Like