ICM 10.5 cm LeFH 16 auf Gechutzwagen fcm 36(F)

Ammo load out completed as well as all outer hull bits and bobs, ready for final primer and paint!

3 Likes

Camo on, a few touchups and will be ready for decals , tracks and weathering.

5 Likes

Finished off, a nice little kit with the one major drawback being the whacked fighting compartment floor height.

7 Likes

Just put ropes around it and a sign that says ‘No Climbing On Exhibits’ and no one will know, because it looks the part from the outside.

2 Likes

Nice clean build Colin. Just enough weathering. Excellent model.

1 Like

I suppose one could put a tarp over the fighting compartment and say that it’s raining when the model is depicted. Looks good though.

2 Likes

The finished model looks excellent. The interior is almost comical though and I don’t know how ICM could believe that this was accurate (or they didn’t care). I can just picture the crew all kneeling in there and the loader trying to load the gun when it’s elevated, as he would have to be lying down. :joy:

2 Likes

My first post after years of lurking. My thoughts with no visual evidence is that the interior could be constructed like the Hotchkiss H-35 or 39 105mm Geschutzwagen. The Trumpeter H-39 Geschutzwagons instructions would give you a potential solution as both were built by Becker.

4 Likes

Well, for all its shortcomings you’ve done it proud; well done Colin!

2 Likes

What @BillyBoy59 writes above.
I had the same thought and checked the instructions for one of the kits lurking in my stash.

1 Like

I’ve thought about this since the kit came out… This is the best solution because it may solve the gun loading and elevating issues. Why over think this.

2 Likes

You have made a superb job of that @ColinEdm !

2 Likes