ICM (35414) V3000S/SS M Maultier Ambulance w/Shelter

4 Likes

Do Wah Diddy Diddy…

2 Likes

This is what we want: 1:35 Figures like these!!!

4 Likes

Only if we can get the EM-50 to go with them!

http://inthedriversseatwithozzie.com/2015/05/em-50-urban-assault-vehicle-gmc/#.YT--jMCs_Ds

2 Likes

Now that… with some figures is a must build for a Cold War vignette! … Be still, my imagination!
:smiley::thought_balloon: :minibus:

—mike

1 Like

Meanwhile, back to the F.O.R.D.A.S.S. (Found On Road Dead Ambulance Shelter Shiznit)…

I just couldn’t have an open hood without some ignition wires showing — unless, maybe someone pulled 'em? :grin: Nah, not convincing. So here’s my quick wiring-up session. :zap: :boom::boom:

Step 1: Drill holes in head-covers. Niiiice with the new carbide drill bits!

Step 2: Insert UTC Ultra Wire (MED, 28 gauge, 0.0126") using CA glue and swab connections with Zap, Zip Kicker (liquid w/pump variety).

Step 3: Bend wires into general direction of distributor location.:point_down:

In this case, just shove ‘em down into the fan housing! Guaranteed to scare the piss outa’ any lounging cats! :pouting_cat: :grin:

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

8 Likes

Hi guys! Not a whole lot to show for today. However, I managed to check off a few leftover details. To avoid constructing a “ship in a bottle” so to speak, I popped-off the cab doors with a little help from a pry-bar (only painted in position). Then, I easily installed the seat-cushions, door panels, and steering column. … Reminder to self: 4 pieces of window glass need to be installed. :thinking:

Thought I’d start brainstorming a method of supporting the hood (bonnet) in the open position — just a Blu-Tak spring mechanism for now!

To be continued…

—mike

6 Likes

Mike,

Here

you can see my solution, when I built the standard V3000S/SSM 3 years ago:

• a brass tube glued inside the hood,
  • two cutouts in the sides of cabins front end- it is there where the tube rolls when hood is opened,

HTH
Cheers,
Angel

4 Likes

A workable hood… nice! Thank’s for the suggestion. BTW: Nice fenders as well.

Earlier-on, I was able to do some more research and found some 1938–1939 Ford truck hood (bonnet) hinges. I might take a shot at scratch-building something like them. That way the hood (bonnet) should sit in an arced-upward position. I can recall these finger-slicers from the old beaters that we worked on. If I decide to go that route, static open with a hint of hinge should be fine. … Or, I might become unhinged and zip everything up and be done with it.:zipper_mouth_face: we’ll see.

In the meantime both my airbrushes are all cleaned-up and they’re giving me the stink-eye again. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

—mike

4 Likes

Yesterday and today’s effort… or how to avoid masking red crosses on the big white box! :x::takeout_box: :roll_eyes:
Anyway, I checked off some more of the piddly to do items. :ballot_box_with_check: :grinning:

Why does painting engine assemblies in situ remind me of figure painting? :paintbrush::mag: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Factory fresh paint? That’ll never pass inspection by the “Weathering Police!”

Soiled by the mere thought of "inspection!":mag_right:

Paint Callouts:
• Engine/Transmission: Vallejo Afrikacorps Tank Crew (70.336)
• Valve Covers: Vallejo Light Grey (71.050)
• Hoses: Vallejo Black (71.057)
• Exhaust: Vallejo Light Rust (70.301)
• Weathering Wash: Vallejo Black Shade Wash (73.201)

Not thrilled with the over-soiled air filter canister — gotta’ go back and redo that. :paintbrush::expressionless:

Hope everyone is staying healthy!
—mike

8 Likes

Do the hinges Mike - C’mon - you know you want to… ( insert Devil whispering in ear )

1 Like

Looking good Mike, open the window it’s a-chuggin’ already. Hmm the Meteorolocops will probably only be watching that the apparent age/experience of the engine matches the bodywork’s, if the hood will be up. And talking of that hinge (hey Richard started it!) I was wondering if there was usually a rod to hold up the front end when open…which might allow enough extra support for a super-small/in-scale pivot, maybe a single item centrally fixed to the top of the firewall? I doubt much of it would be visible (& you could cunningly disguise what is) if your hood’s going to be at around 45°. My only other thought (yeah I know two in one day’s really buzzin’) is that unless you’re OCD about opening & closing things, does it need to be a workable hinge at all? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Tim, Sure, blame Richard! I believe you guys have conspired to drive me over the edge… well, maybe just a tiny bit. I actually made that deal with the “Detail Devil” last night.:smiling_imp: He already stole your “cunningly disguised” bent pin in the firewall idea. And no movable OCD stuff either — the hood (bonnet) should list to stern at approx. 30°. :triangular_ruler:

Thank’s for the comments!
—mike

:laughing: ah yes the ol’ BPITF Ploy as I surmised. No worries, your secret’s absolutely safe with me :zipper_mouth_face: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

The easiest way to avoid them is to use decals… (Duck)

Seriously though, I have heard these are very good:

Or something more local:

2 Likes

Looking really great Mike I can smell the oil from here.

1 Like

:joy: Quack! :duck: Well, that didn’t work. … Archer does have high quality products. However, the large “racing stripes” on the curvy hood and shelter roof will still need to be masked and painted. The good news: I think I’ve got a good color match for that: Vallejo Scarlet (70.817). Further testing needed. As far as the supplied ICM decal sheet, they actually look pretty good for the medium (side) crosses.

Just hope I didn’t smoke the rings! :sweat_smile:

—mike

1 Like

I just realised that the painted hood reminds me of:

4 Likes

For the life of me, I never understood why they did not use 'Sir Robin’s crest instead of the cross…

4 Likes

bild

2 Likes