ICM Ukrainian Kozak-2 MRAP

Hi all
I’ve just started this very model by ICM. The cast is pretty crisp, the detail is great and the overall fit is close to perfect.
The box contains less than 10 grey plastic sprues, 1 clear sprue, 1 small PE plate, 1 large decals sheet and 1 instructions booklet.
The plastic is a bit soft and you can easily damage it. The attachments to the sprues are small and well designed. The instructions are clear even though you need to carefully look at some drawings to get the parts in the right direction.
ICM gives painting instructions (in the ICM range) all along the assembly except for the floor and the dashboard. I need to find suitable pictures in the internet.
The decals include the pixel patches for at least 2 different vehicles.

Here is the result of 26 steps out of 136!

Olivier

14 Likes

Nice start Olivier. Cool looking vehicle

1 Like

This one I will definitely follow.

Mario

1 Like

Interesting piece there Olivier- looking forward to seeing how it builds up.

1 Like

Interresting build to follow Olivier… as usual!
There’s a nice Youtube video about the build by an ukrainian modeller: Babakin if you’re interresting.

2 Likes

Merci Stéphane.

2 Likes

Some more progress on this interior this time.
You have 10 seats to assemble. Driver and commander’s ones are easy. The 8 others are more complicated due to the fragile protections. I have broken a couple of them just while cleaning the parts.
The dashboard comes with decals. ICM does not give you any instruction about where to put them. 2 of them are easy to locate. The 3rd one is a mystery.
The dashboard and the rear seats support are not glued yet.

Olivier

5 Likes

Looking good as usual. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I have painted the interior. The sides need to be painted too before being glued to the hull. This will be the next steps.

Some dust and mud will be added even if few will remain visible once the hull is complete.

Olivier

4 Likes