Identify this truck?

Anyone know what truck this is ? Looks like some altered version , looks like a soldier is in the front , infront of the tires.

Looks like a British Leyland Retreiver, not entirely sure.

I think it’s closer to a Canadian CMP - Ford F60.

8 Likes

Chevrolet CMP C60L ?

H.P.

7 Likes

If you want to convert it to the one in the photo…

3 Likes

I was also thinking Canadian Military Pattern, 60 carry weight, long wheel base, with a cargo body. However, manufacturers produced CMP trucks in many dozens of variants so making an exact determination is difficult.

4 Likes

Ballpark? …

Mirror Models (35161) CMP Chevy C60L GS Truck Cab 13

—mike :hammer_and_wrench:

4 Likes

Well, er, fine; I’m sure we/someone will identify it, but what’s the end game? Just to improve your truck recognition or are you planning on a modelling build? It would be nice to know before we expend time and effort on answering your question.

If it’s for purely frivolous reasons, that too would be nice to know.

1 Like

Ballpark? Not any more. You knocked it out.

3 Likes

Yep. Thats it. Can’t argue with that one.

1 Like

It’s British, obviously

Well? More Canadian than American; but yeah.

1 Like

Sry for late reply, and thanks for all of the input!

End game? Yes I might do a diorama of that vehicle crossing the water

It’s a Canadian Ford or Chevrolet F-60L or C-60L CMP (Canadian Military Pattern) General Purpose Lorry, with the No. 13 Cab. During the Second World War, after their loses at Dunkirk, the British Army approached Canada and asked us to produce vehicles for the British Army to British Army requirements, using North American production methods. Ford Canada and Chevrolet (General Motors Canada) worked together - for the only time, to produce the CMP line of purpose-built military vehicles for the British Armed Forces, and the armed forces of all the British Commonwealth. Between 400,000 and 800,000 vehicles were produced during the war.

The main difference between Ford and Chevrolet vehicles were the power plants and drive trains. The Ford radiator grill was a vertical and horizontal pattern for the grill-work, with the Ford logo on it, and Chevrolet used a diamond-shaped radiator grill pattern, with the Chevrolet logo on it. There were other minor differences but visually, the vehicles were almost identical, and it was not uncommon to find Ford parts on a Chevrolet vehicle and vice-versa. Link here for more information: Canadian Military Pattern truck - Wikipedia .

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

The moment I saw it I though of the Quad truck - its lineage had to be similar.

Chris

Over the top reply my friend !!

Whata a community!!

1 Like

It looks like a CMP, either Ford F60, or Chevrolet C60, I’m not quite sure which. It has the Cab 13, but apart from the contraption in front, which may be also unrelated to the truck, it’s has GS body I think.

The “contraption” actually looks like a person sitting in the boat on the far side of the ferry :smiley:

4 Likes

Or on the front bumper of the truck. killing time.

A freelanced 6x6 model I did some years ago:

Combining two CMP vehicles and their tarps along with a scratch built load box.

1 Like