IDF Centurion - old article by Vasco Barbic in Mil Mod

A bit of a reach, but does anyone possibly have a scan of an old article in Military Modelling, where Vasco Barbic models an IDF Centurion?

I had the specific issue at the time (around 1988-89?) but it is long lost by now.

1 Like

Unfortunately I do not have the specific issue but I think this is the magazine you are looking for

It seems it is available for purchase on ebay and other sites.

1 Like

and there is also this article

5 Likes

Ah yes, that’s exactly the article I was looking for.
I have always liked that particular build and the overall finish with the weathering effects.
Great inspiration for my AFV Club IDF Centurion.

Many thanks, Nikos! :smiley:

(Btw, all the way back from 1985… time sure flies!)

3 Likes

Looks like an excellent resource. I can see the rabbit hole on the horizon…

4 Likes

It is a pretty good starting point, nowadays there are great publications on the subject like the books of Dr Manasherob.

Overall there is much more information on IDF vehicles and way better and accurate model kits available. Vasko Barbic pioneered the subject, we are lucky that what he started was improved upon as time passed.

3 Likes

Vasco was cutting edge and they he was very thorough in his research. Dr Robert Manasherob has taken to the farthest reaches but the vascos article is well worth buying off of eBay or having a friend scan it for you it’s a great article.

2 Likes

Dr Rob’s Cent book is sold out (bummer!) but I found a copy of the MilMod on eBay and got it on the way last week. It showed up a couple of days ago and has already proven very useful. There’s a few pics of disabled Sho’ts that revealed a couple of things I’d missed on my current build.

2 Likes

His books sell out quickly… and are more on topic then those by Michael Mass. I’ve know both for years.
Glad you got a copy
Have fun

1 Like

I wish I’d got a copy…I was too late to secure one, and of course not are to be found anywhere else.
I find that both Dr. Rob’s and Mr. Mass’ books are great and I have several of both. They have slightly different focus and both are equally useful to me.

2 Likes