IDF DRAGON WAGON payloads

That’s the Rogers trailer I believe seen in that photo. Same trailer offered in plastic and paired with the big Diamont T ballast tractor.

Here’s another view of a ChMZAP-5208 that shows the round tubing of the spring-assisted drawbar :

H.P.

1 Like

As noted by Frenchy, it is the ChMZAP-5208 trailer. The M9 Rogers trailer had a drawbar made of angle iron without springs, whereas the trailer here has a tubular drawbar typical of the Russian copy. The other obvious feature is that the M9 had the parking brake handwheel on the front dolly that the ChMZAP does not. There are other detail differences as well like the shape of the tiedowns - triangular on the 5208, square/rounded end on the M9 - shape of the drawbar attachment plates, etc.

1 Like

Going slightly off topic with a couple of unusual loads…

1 Like

That looks great Robert, very nice finish. Those markings certainly did stick out !

Those pictures would be some interesting dioramas. Me personally I never seen a jet being transported before, maybe a WW2 plane but not a jet. 1/35 diorama.

Diamond tractor and rogers trailer (modifiy if you want) it’s probably the simpler way to build tank transporter by IDF

Here’s another one : Su-25 fuselage in Afghanistan

H.P.

1 Like

This one caused a bit of a traffic disturbance in India.
Shaky mobile phone video …

Are all Apache “wings” like that, folding up and forward, I’ve never noticed that, pretty cool

No, the Apache wings are detached and just strapped against the fuselage. They do not fold up.

I am a glutton for punishment. I want to build something like this now, so bad. It will never be finished, but at least I can dream!

Well, for what it’s worth, Takom has a 1/35 Saraf in the pipeline…

1 Like

Not sure which issue but I know one of the Verlinden magazines had scale plans for the 2 axle lowboy trailer pulled by the Mack tractors, later Volvo. The Diamond T was the initial hauler, but the IDF later got the Scammell Contractor in the 1950’s
While the M19 could carry a Sherman, and the AMX 13, it could not haul a Centurion

1 Like

Thank! :+1:

There’s what the manual says you can haul, and then there’s what your NCO tells you you’re gonna haul…

2 Likes

When there is a will,
there is a way …
:grin:

Haul on bad “roads” or haul on good roads …
Max safe load to ensure guaranteed miles before axles and wheels need replacement?