IDF M113 A1 by AFV Club

Hi !!

This is another one that’s on my bench at the moment, I’ve been working on the wheels and tires and also did some work on the hull in the last weeks.

9 Likes

How do you like it? Any problems with it besides the usual AFV microscopic parts that fly straight to the carpet monster?

Looks good

3 Likes

So far I only spend 2h30 looking for the tail lights clear part on my knees :smile:
it’s a fine kit but the boxart has a ton of stowage but the kit has zero stowage.
They also present a couple of pages with art from many different IDF versions, I wished they did those kits too… not a fan of expensive Resin AM sets.

Thanks for your comments !

2 Likes

I know the pain of the search. A small flashlight and slow sweeps of your arm till you get a good sized pile of dust to sift through is as close to mining for gold as I ever got. And I’ve spent days looking for parts like that. Only to find them after I either ordered a replacement from AFV or when I was packing to move to new digs and the kit was by then a memory… :joy:

The M113 was one of the last ones I helped AFV CLUB with. The M-110/107 was the last.
Growing old sucks.

5 Likes

Hi Robert,

So you helped AFV Club with the M113 ? What was your input ?

I usually find the parts when the kit is finished… :joy:

2 Likes

The trick is to lose another part, preferably from another model. Chances are good that you’ll find the one you lost on the last kit you were building.

But don’t do this intentionally, that never works.

3 Likes

Tons of photos taken over years in the IDF and some from museum visits
I didn’t get credit for these because I left the building part of the Hobby due to health issues.
But you see my name on instruction sheets for the M60’s the shot Kal gimmle and dalet and the Hawk missiles and loader. As well as other items.
They were fun to work with . And they always made sure I got copies of those know TS and anything else I desired for the thousands of detailed pictures I sent them. I’ve filled a few portable hard drives just with pics I took for them .

3 Likes

That’s great Robert !!
I hope your health is better.

So far I’m enjoying that M113 A1, too bad AFV didn’t tackle the other IDF versions they showed on the instructions…

I have a Centurion, Tiran’s, a Magach 3, a few Nagmachon,Puma,Achzarit, Nagmashot and a Namer in stash… i think I might have to get in touch with you a few times :grin: :grin:

Thanks for the feedback and comments, this weekend I might work a little on the M113 and the M50 too.

Cheers, J.

3 Likes

There’s a nice build of the Kasman that was featured here on Armorama. Once you see the “quality” of the window frame casting and the fit of the windows them selves, you’ll see why AEF Designs always gets bashed on this site. Still, the guy did a great job given what he had to work with.

I’m no expert on IDF M113’s but it looks more like the drawing of the Meshupar, of which there is a kit in 1/72 scale. I’ve thought of purchasing it just to scale it up.

Edit: I didn’t read the whole story - yes, apparently the build is of a Kasman Maoz Mashupar, third in the evolving series.

8 Likes

Blast Model has two conversions for M113.
https://www.blast-models.eu/en/modern/56-bl35056k-idf-m113-nag-man-1-patrol-apc-conv-acad-edition-092023.html
https://www.blast-models.eu/en/modern/53-bl35053k-idf-nag-man-ii-academy-zelda-edition-092023.html

3 Likes

Also Def Model announced another one.

2 Likes

Did you work with other brands or only AFV Club ?

1 Like

Did some work for hobbyboss but they weren’t trustworthy. So I just went to AFV
I also did some stuff for a few paint manufacturers and decal co. But none worth mentioning.

3 Likes

Robert, do you have a recommendation which color is the best for modern IDF kits?

3 Likes

Today’s work, wheels and and started the weathering on the lower hull .

4 Likes

I’ve always been partial to the testors Sinai Gray since it matches all the paint chips that I collected over the years. When people start saying the greens and this and everything else it’s the fact that they’re spraying on field applications which are usually thinned with diesel fuel and other liquids and the proportions aren’t always match so sometimes it goes a little darker sometimes it goes a little lighter and everything else now for factory fresh paint I can’t tell you the stuff that comes out of the factory is a little Greener darker and everything else but the stuff that happens in the field if you only knew how we used to mask off stuff using axle Grease dude need to change your pants.

2 Likes

Thanks Robert!

2 Likes

Any time.

1 Like

2021-01-27
My 1/72nd scale from retrokit that I did about 14-15 years ago it actually made it into a copy of fine scale… my one and only time

6 Likes

Nicely done!

3 Likes