IDF M88 and M88A1 Information

When I started AMPS ISRAEL ON fb it was supposed to be an alternative to the ipms Israel club that focused mostly on aircraft. And was to be a mostly Israeli group, but it turned into something bigger than I ever expected. It became totally international with more members from outside of Israel then in Israel ( I won’t go into why that happened but it did)
I left the group in good hands after I could no longer build due to health reasons that came from my work. Because I could not look at the stuff the guys were building without shedding a few tears I also left social media platforms due to telling the truth got me banned way to often and hell their AI bot even banned me for stuff I’d posted years before because it violated today’s community standards but not those standards when posted…
Enjoy that group there are lots of amazing members in it and tons of great information to be found there
Regards
Robert Goldman

2 Likes

All of the add on armor especially the Blazer blocks were stand off from the hull and turrets . So much so that crews could still behind them some were a few inches off while others as tight as a half inch off depends on what you’re application… as for AEF design… Tony was a bit of a opportunist that didn’t care if the end product sucked. He tried to sell the company to an Israeli here that asked me if it was worth his while buying it just for the Masters and then after having a look at the Masters that he showed me in pictures they all need to be redone cuz he didn’t care about that either. Legend used Mr Maas for most of its projects hence the instructions because they thought you had to be Mr Mass to do it all never did find an instruction sheet on a legend kit that made any sense but then that’s legend.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for explaining the history of the Facebook AMPS ISRAEL group Mr. Goldman. I hope this message finds you in better health. Although it’s difficult for you to view the work of other enthusiasts I think you should be honored by the fact that much of the pleasure others derive from the hobby is directly attributable to your hard work and dedication. I’ll give you a little insight how a Goyem like me developed an interest in the IDF and IAF. My best friend in high school in Brooklyn, NY is Ira Cohen. I would stop at his home to pick him up on the way to school and his mom would always invite me to share their breakfast, frequently bagels and lox. I was treated like a member of the family, as Ira was in mine. I grew up in diverse Brooklyn neighborhoods and learned to admire the cultures of the communities. I always had a keen interest in military history and miniatures, coming from a family of ww2 and Korean War US Army, Navy, and Air Force veterans. The professionalism and ingenuity of the IDF in the face of adversity drew me like the proverbial moth to a flame. Later in life my wife worked as an RN in Maimonides Hospital and she daily shared her admiration for her Hassidic patients and their families, and ther culture. She encouraged me to pursue my hobby. AEF Designs came into the picture because a hobby shop I frequented on weekends while my wife was at work actually stocked AEF conversions and accessories. I was able to examine the parts before making a purchase. I agree that Legend kit instructions are ambiguous and difficult to follow, but are lightyears ahead of AEF drawings directing a modeler to “make this” from plastic card and rod. Since my wife died I’ve been trying to distract my grief by focusing on the hobby. Thank you for your interest and indulgence.
Best regards,
Pete

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m sorry for your loss and may your wife memory forever be a blessing to you , your family and all who knew her.
I met tony at the IPMS convention in Miami and he wanted to do business with me and my brother-in-law Yoav Efrati ( the IAF guru) well working with Tony was like working with theost special needs kid I’d ever met In. My life. So that gig went sideways faster then anything I’d ever seen a total cluster … .as for me . There isn’t any getting better… just a dealing with going from active to disability. So now I just continue to help veterans from around the world deal with PTSD TBI and the transition to civilian life. I often recommend modeling to some of them and have seen a pretty good success rate and I will continue to do so as long as I can do it thanks for listening thanks for reading doing all this by voice to text anyhow so if there’s any mistakes here it’s Google’s fault

2 Likes

gtdeath13, that pic on the Suez Canal from the YKW made my day. Thank you!

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks again. Just knew the first one with the Trail Blazer thundering behind.