Image posting guidelines and helpful tips

I thought that was always the case ? I did try to upload about 8 a few days ago but it told me only 5 and that rang a bell about there being a limit as to how many you can post in one go ?

In earlier posts, I could upload more pics in 1 go:

Fair one Erwin, to be honest I dont usually upload more that 1 or 2 at a time or I lose track of which ones I have uploaded … maybe something to do a trust levels and dropping down one or being limited due to not complying with one of the criteria ?

That would be odd, since I log on to the site on a almost daily base and respond and like accordingly…
May does @staff_Jim or @Uncle-Heavy know anything?

I expect one of them will pick this up and explain it better … I agree though with it being odd especially as with how sad I am that I log on here daily to see whats happening … and I seem to think on my Striker build blog here i posted more than 5 in one go ?

1 Like

I’ve run into the same thing. However, IIRC, I was able to do several uploads of 5 pics into the same post, one right after the other.

It does slow things down, though, and creates a bit more work to keep track of which photos have been downloaded and which are remaining.

1 Like

That does work, but is a bit of a hassle…

1 Like

It’s a server resource thing. Sure it could be 100 photos at once but that could also bring any single sever or server instance to a crashing halt. Keep in mind even mega resource intensive server setups like Facebook have a 10 photo limit.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining. I assume this has been changed over time?

It’s never been changed as far as I know. However I suppose the developers might have tweaked it at some point.

They must have, since it was possible to upload more than 5 photos at once before…

Size of photos?
5 times X is not the same as 5 times Y …

I do have a new phone, so that might be the case… It also implies a level of intelligence of the website!!! :face_with_monocle:

Counting megabytes is easy.
Simplistic programmer writes:

1. push stuff into buffer storage until storage is full
  2. whine and complain when buffer storage is full
  3. let the user sort out the mess

I did a new post with lotsa pictures, from an older camera, but stil, within a second I got the message that only 5 photo’s are allowed at a time.
Speaking of uploading: is it known why the orderd is changed when you upload them? This causes a unwanted situation, when all pictures are mingled…

Haven’t got the foggiest idea,
I upload pictures one at the time so I never see this problem.

Could it be that the processing is done in parallell and the “fastest” image wins?

1 Like

They are all as big as the others…

It’s not unique to this site. I’ve experienced this elsewhere as well. Maybe it has something to do with image time-stamps?

Tha would be quite odd: I put my pictures always in the order I take them…

Are you dragging and dropping these files?