In Memoriam - Steffen Arndt | AeroScale

Hi all

Yes - I was in touch with Jean-Luc at Christmas. Steffen too - and he said everything was fine then, so the suddenness of his death is a dreadful shock. I will email Jean-Luc again when I can find the right words, because he and Steffen were very close friends.

We’re still firming up the details, but watch out for an announcement of a campaign / group build in Steffen’s honour. We’d like to make this a Network-wide build, because Steffen didn’t only contribute to Aeroscale.

Anyone who knew Steffen will be in no doubt that he was a dedicated 1:48 enthusiast - The One True Scale, as he called it! So, obviously, it’s only fitting that 1:48 will be the core theme of build - and aircraft and armour submissions should definitely be in that scale, but I realise that the scale could be difficult for modellers in some other genres.

So, for anyone who simply can’t find something suitable to submit in 1:48 in their particular sphere of modelling, I think it’s the thought that counts - just get as close as possible. Shall we say anything between 1:40 and 1:50 to encompass as many types of models as possible?

Steffen loved modelling, so I hope we can get a great turnout and make this a fun build for everyone who takes part, despite the reason for it being so sad. Steffen frequently took good-natured pleasure in teasing me over the number of builds that I start and never finish - so, this time at least, I’ll make sure my contribution reaches the finish line as a small tribute to a good friend.

Take care and stay safe.

All the best

Rowan

5 Likes