Inspirational: What a military camp site can look like

Watching that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, especially when the box was opened. Aren’t the Russians using a lot of mines? Shouldn’t a camp like that have a static perimeter defense in the form of trip wires and mines and stuff? I suppose it’s okay to stroll into an enemy camp if the enemy never punishes you with a booby trap.

The scare crows are really interesting. Would not have thought to do that.

That camp strongly resembles one of the many homeless camps I have seen in California. Just replace all the weapons with stuff stolen from local stores.

What is the procedure for rendering a camp site like that safe? When facing a competent enemy, that would be a super scary job.

If your army is not very good at being an army, why not order a bunch of US army manuals and do that? Why not hire some skilled soldiers to train yours? In the run up to World War I, the Ottoman Empire hired a German general who whipped them into shape. Didn’t work out so great for the sultan, though.

5 Likes

Did they pay for him?
I thought the Kaiser tried to buy the Sultan and his armies for gold.
Open a new front against France and Britain.

Try to get hold this book:

I found it very interesting. The shadows of the events back then still influence the Middle East

2 Likes

The individual I referred to was Colmar Freiherr von der Goltz. His assignment to the Ottoman Empire set in motion a series of events that would ultimately culminate in the creation of modern Turkey.

2 Likes

More accurately, “a formerly modern Türkiye”… Erdoğan seems to be keen on winding back the clock in many respects. Mustafa Kemal must be at least slowly rotating in his sarcophagus at some of these (although he was no great proponent of press freedom, e.g. the way some of his people delt with Boris Johnson’s paternal great-grandfather).

Regards,

M

4 Likes

Hell, if your senior sect sapper didn’t get pissed at this, they’d be something wrong

3 Likes