Inspirational: What a military camp site can look like

abandoned in a hurry but it doesn’t seem to have been tidy before they left either …

Late edit: The title should have been ‘What a military camp site should not look like’
Not changing it now :grin:
See replies below, those with military experience from professional armies have reacted to the total mess displayed by this camp.

3 Likes

Must be all the russian around they are doing…

7 Likes

Might be a lack of NCOs

1 Like

Looks like a severe lack of any type of discipline … And I certainly would not be opening up random ammo boxes to see whats inside unless I was on the end of a very very long pole and a bank of sandbags

5 Likes

Explains everything!

Perhaps it was the encampment of the Elite 1st Tank Army?

3 Likes

The lack of discipline is clear here - no American NCO would ever let their operational area look like that for any length of time and I’m betting the same is true of every Western military.

4 Likes

@Johnnych01 yeah i agree, that AK looks far to tempting to pick and an ideal booby trap.

i guess the reason the camp is such a mess is that the Russian soldiers were to busy looting Ukrainian homes rather than looking after their camp.

3 Likes

No American Boy Scout Troop would let their camp get that bad! THEY have better discipline than the Russian Army!

2 Likes

I guess they haven’t watched Platoon.

6 Likes

Booby Trap 101… Don’t fall for booby traps. :smiling_imp::bomb:

4 Likes

Well played sir.

2 Likes

Scarecrow at :21 - :23?

1 Like

I’m gonna give those Russians the benefit of doubt. We were not even slightly close to them when they pulled out. Bullets flying around make you kinda forget things. Looks like they left with the Ukrainians about a hundred feet behind them!

What I see is a sorry looking NDP at best. Those places are never pretty, but when they leave they’re clean (unless they want you to find something). Probably had a bunch of jail house conscripts. We’ve seen a complete lack of skills in this entire invasion. Yet I’ve watched the otherside not take advantage of this (they are now)
gary

3 Likes

I cringed hard when that soldier opened up the grenade crate. Could’ve been booby trapped and he would’ve ended up in low-Earth orbit.

I am amazed at how much equipment they left behind. Weapons, rocket launchers, helmets, food and ammo of various calibers and types.

2 Likes

no! you replace about one third of the fuses with smoke grenade fuses. Then that other two and a half seconds to a full three seconds becomes your friend. After three or four blow up in their faces, they’ll almost refuse to use a grenade. C4 in place of gun powder does the same thing when the bolt goes thru the eyeball.

War is not a nice place to live in. I often refer to it as poison
gary

Certainly in the British Army, this level of ill-discipline would be intolerable, i’d venture to say, it would never happen - under ANY circumstances. In my day, any formation, at any level, caught in a similar state of disarray, would have been beasted to within an inch of its life.

This is indicative of a sloppy, inexperienced, poorly motivated, barely trained and poorly disciplined shower of an Army. Its embarassing in the extreme.

2 Likes

Agreed! Any 1st Sgt or Sgt Maj worth his salt would totally lose it over something like that!
Ken

3 Likes

Forget them, this sort of thing would be gripped by even a JNCO in the British Army, long before it got this bad.

3 Likes

No member of the Canadian Armed Forces would ever let something like that go. The NCO creed: Never pass a fault. That encampment is a sign of; zero moral, zero leadership, zero training just a bunch of zeros.

Benefit of doubt, perhaps the encampment was cleared by EOD, hence the video? Otherwise, that’s a hard no to IED heaven opening crates, touching or moving anything until EOD clears it.

4 Likes