Interior color of early war SD.KFZ. 253?

Hi Gang. New member here. I am interested in pinning down the interior color of an early war Sd.Kfz. 253. The Dragon kit (6140) is currently sitting on my workbench. I can find plenty of info on open top 250’s and 251’s on the internet and in reference books (typically, the interior color is the same as the base exterior color), but nothing on the closed top 253. The only clue I found was the B&W photo below showing what looks to be a light color set against a black instrument panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Eifenbein.
Heres another interior pic.

2 Likes

Elfenbein above, dunkelgrau dash, note the contrast of the dash with the black knob on the far right.

Dashboard of a restored 250/1 Alt:

Note also the contrast between the dashboard and the black bezel around the speedometer and the tachometer, compared to the B/W photo.

3 Likes

Welcome to Armorama Kirk! As stated above the interior color is Elfenbien, which is a light cream color. Every paint company makes this color, just pick your favorite. Noted though that hatch interiors are painted to match the vehicle exterior color.

2 Likes

This might help find the correct colours from companies using RAL colours.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. All good info. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Note that the first RAL Color chart is not the RAL 840 R chart which was in use during WWII, but the modern one. Elfenbein in this chart is listed as RAL 1014, in the RAL 840 R chart, it is RAL 1001. Dunkelgelb RAL 7028, in all of its variations, is not listed at all, and would plot in the dark greys in the modern chart.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I thought the colours just rolled into one.

1 Like