Interwar French abomination II - Potez 540 (OOB)

Let’s give the whacky French designers a break, they were geniuses compared to some Russian inter-war competition. Exhibit A – the Kalinin K-7 heavy bomber, first flight August 1933, crashing after its 7th test-flight due to (a) terminal instability (b) a tail boom fell off…

:exploding_head:

1 Like

Designed with the goal to empty out the spare parts box.

2 Likes

Well, You know what You have to do now,
right?

1 Like

Only Russia could out Fugly the French!

That K7 is an abomination of abominations. El Crappo del tutti crappi, if you will…

1 Like

Yet so nearly a war-winner! Imagine only having to make one weapon – put floats on it and it’s an airborne battleship, put free-wheeling tracks on it and it becomes the ultimate tank. I’m sure the Russians were working on a submarine version too…probably still are…

1 Like

The Potez 540 kit is so old, my father has built it when he was younger than Im today . And it already was a re-box by that time !

1 Like

I give you the Blackburn Blackburn -

And the Blackburn Blackburd -

3 Likes

I need a kit of that Blackburd!! Makes the Overstrand look graceful! :scream:

Here’s the main source of inspiration for all these flying monstrosities

H.P.

2 Likes

Here you go
Or the late version

Saunders Kittiwake

Well its a flying boat. What did you expect ? Look at Grumman Duck… also its not like people have stopped building silly looking planes. When A10 first appered , nobody would call it a gracefull design…

You Beat me to it. I was going to post the Blackburn Blackburn as one UGLY plane