Intrigue of Cats, litter of Panthers

Matt, definitely hilarious when framed that way!

If the painting works out to satisfaction, taking this one to an AMPS contest for the judge comments might be fun.

Hobby wise, I just about started the Dragon 2 n 1 Panther because it looks so incredibly awesome. Logic prevailed however with 10 builds already in process and the Dragon Panther & Puma remain unstarted.

So I’m trying to do the one thing I dislike most…RESEARCH:-1: :upside_down_face: :unamused: :expressionless:

Seeking-information-on-lahss-pz-iv-055-command-tank

Thought I found a Kursk era picture of 055 but after a bit of image manipulation it proved to a Pz IV numbered 065. Also trying to determine which stash kit would make the best Panzer IV G “055”. MiniArt makes the ideal Pz IV “Vomag” for this but MiniArt kits aren’t my cup of tea.

Angel caught that 055 is a Vomag April/May Pz IV G.

The Border Pz IV G & Dragon Pz IV G are probably my best choices that are in hand.

However, there’s a Gunzy/Imperial Dragon/Pz IV G that’s been lurking in the stask waiting to become just the right Kursk Pz IV for like nearly 30 years. I think with TriStar suspension & TriStar wheels, Fruilmodel’s tracks, Aber brass and Dragon spare parts etc, it could build up reasonably well.

That’s a November-Feburary idea for when I like building more than painting.

4 Likes