IPMS Avon Model Show (UK) - Sun 6 Aug 23

As I failed to advertise the recent Romsey show I thought I’d give you all a heads up re this show, due next month.

SW England but worth putting in the diary; a cracking show not least as it cross-overs with the wargaming fraternity, so there’s lots to see. Well laid out, spacious, and a very friendly organized club all make any journey well worth it.

Hopefully, I’ll be exhibiting as 50% of Stonehenge Modellers, so I’ve really got to get my finger out and finish those half-completed projects. How hard can it be?

'Might see you there!

1 Like

Just a bump as a reminder to any UK-based modellers who might be in the vicinity, or indeed, wish to make the trip.

Highly recommended as both a show and for shoppers who need that very kit they just can’t live without!

1 Like

What time you aiming on getting there Brian ?

1 Like

John, Pete Smith and I will be there as Stonehenge Modellers so we’ll be there from start to finish; just look for the table with “same old, same old” on(!) - well, there will be at least one new thing - albeit in 1:300.

See you there!

2 Likes

Kitmaker British Bulldogs will also be there representing this network although their will only be two of us.

Brian I’ll be looking out for your HQ dio.

2 Likes

Great! Be good to see you; not too sure about scrutiny of the HQ though - ooer. It should be just about finished; I’m awaiting delivery of a Westland Scout tomorrow from Heroics & Ros - my earlier attempts at converting their Wasp was a compromise too far, but in the meantime they’d come up with an actual Scout. Nothing like going down to the wire!

Anyway, 'look forward to seeing you there.

2 Likes

Just a repost before The Great Glitch of 2023(!) - I always undertake a dress rehearsal and this is what I came up with on Friday; as, sadly, I pointed out, nothing new save the Corps HQ close to fruition. That said, I do have a last minute-dot-com model I’m still trying to finish off. Nothing like pushing the envelope!

1 Like

Im now 50/50 … SWMBO had double booked me on sunday … So i am trying to wriggle my way out of it at the mo … :sob:

1 Like

Good luck with that…(!)

1 Like

lol … you must know her !!!

2 Likes

And its doubly annoying as I use to live just outside Thornbury … still have 2 sisters in the close area …

2 Likes

Put on your uniform and tell her you’ve been called in…

2 Likes

I’ve used that one to many times lol …

On a different positive note, I picked up on the promotion board this week and will be an official SSgt mid Sep. I have been acting up for the last year running the Pl here… But I will be moving up to Plymouth for work, and be Det Comd of an RM site up there … :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations John!

1 Like

Well done John (it’s all about the pension!) - no, seriously, nothing like having a bit more clout around the place.

2 Likes

Thanks Matt @SSGToms and you’re spot on Brian… It’s defo just about the pension… And I only have to write 4 SJARs from now instead of 10 lol

2 Likes

Chaps, I duly attended the show yesterday, and a great show it was too; 3 x large halls bursting at the seams - yet spacious - with loads of displays. Hats off to Avon who continually deliver a great show.

Oh, and great to meet “Littorio” too - all hail to Kitmaker!

As before when reporting on shows, I defer to my modelling mate, Pete Smith, who has prepared a report on his Blog:

Pete’s Model World : IPMS Avon Show Report (petesmodelworld.blogspot.com)

I was particularly taken by the model of Herr u. Frau Hitler - with dog - about to board a Haunebu saucer for Argentina, complete with “Henge” (pic No 31).

Airfix’s Ferret scout-car was also in evidence; enjoy!

5 Likes

Very nice … Some cracking builds there… And the Ferret is looking really good … Where’s the wallet …:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link Brian. Some great stuff again this year. Hopefully I’ll make it next year, but plenty of other shows in the meantime, although Avon is undoubtedly one of the best.

2 Likes

Congrats on that one John!

2 Likes