Is anybody friends with Jeff Shiu?

I trying to get in touch with Jeff Shui. He makes stunning scale figures, but I think I might have accidently rub him the wrong way and I can’t get in contact with him.

I was wondering if anybody has a working relationship with him if they could vouch for me or maybe act a go-between or something like that.

I have a 1/9 Zündapp KS 750 that would look awesome with his figures riding it… if I could only get the figures.

Anyway I would appreciate any help anybody might be able to provide.

Thanks and maybe see some of you at Mosquitocon in less than two weeks.

:slight_smile:

Tom

1 Like

Thomas, welcome to the forum.

planetfigure: jeff-shiu-still-trading goes into detail discussing Jeff tendencies to only sell to people he knows and trusts due to Russian & Chinese recasters ripping off his works. I dont think it’s anything personal if he doesn’t reply based on what’s mentioned in the link above.

Likewise, sd-kfz-251-1-ausf-d-riders-armorama discusses quality issues with shiu’s work.

I doubt any of Jeff’s existing customers or friends will stick their neck out and vouch for you as you’re new to the forum, unknown and this was you first post.

HTH

2 Likes

HTH,

I understand, I was thinking the same thing as I was typing out my note. I am kinda running out of options but I hear you. Well if anybody is going to Misquitocon on the April 5th in Wayne, NJ, I’ll be entering a Centurion C-RAM in the contest. If anybody wants to talk in person and see if I seem like a Russian or Chinese re-caster I’d love to talk.

The thing gets me is that I have purchased stuff from Jeff before and never had any issues. Go Figure (Pun Intended).

Anyway have a great night everyone.

:slight_smile:
Tom

1 Like

That’s April 6th actually

1 Like

FWIW, added a second link to my reply. It has a link to one Shiu’s newer items and several the figures appear to have air bubble casting issues.

BTW, HTH means Hope That Helps

2 Likes

Thanks Armor_Buff.

2 Likes

I am not a friend of Jeff’s, however have purchased a complete set of riders for my 1/16 StugIII. Although at first glance they appear ok, but sad casting, holes and poor weapons ( bent barrels, incomplete machine gun) representation will not allow me to spend that much money, on figures that require WAY too much work for their price. I too had asked several others about his work and got several favorable replys. However, after getting them and showing the detail lacking, several were quite surprised. This wasn’t something that totally caught me off guard, as I have worked with resin quite often and can understand bubbles, pin holes and minor stuff. Nope mine wasn’t the case. Come to find out that has been, unfortunately more often than not. His work is great for action poses, unfortunately the quality just isnt there.I do wish him well, and pray his work has gotten back to his previous stature. But as they say “Caveat Emptor!”

1 Like