Italeri 1:35 M47 - Bundeswehr

That set would be a good starting point I think. As Brian said sone of the personal kit would have to be scratched but I think there are enough pouches in plastic and resin that could be modified. Just a thought……

1 Like

I was thinking much the same thing!
Ken

1 Like

check wheel type…

Plus Models?

They do a very nice looking M9, which technically would be too small; the larger M20 - more or less the NATO standard in the late 50s/early 60s, had a larger calibre of 3.5".

To be honest, I’m not in a screaming hurry for one, and as indicated above, would probably be easy enough to scratch; the Plus Model version does look nice though for those modelling a slightly earlier era.

1 Like

As an aside I recall that none of my toy soldiers back when I was a kid were lacking a bazooka man!

2 Likes

Still in use by the Marines during early US Vietnam War involvement.

3 Likes

I’m in the early stages of the Italerie/Tamiya German M47, doing some looking around various sites, Chieftain’s hatch for example, the track tension return roller between the sprocket and number 6 road wheel was often deleted in later M47 service as it was found to be not necessary, the deletion left a vestigial tail, the capped over mount with the torsion spring also deleted, I was considering deleting it on my model but your thread images shows it in service.

3 Likes

David, I’ve just pored through my Tankograd book on the species and in every picture - where the suspension can be seen - the roller is in place, even on the vehicles with the later-style turret hand-rails.

So, one can reasonably deduce that to model a Bundeswehr version - leave it in place!

Good luck with your build.

2 Likes