Italeri 1/72 Wessex HU.2

I finished this in the markings of a helicopter that was stationed at RAF Aldergrove, just up the road from me.

A really nice kit of one of my favourite helicopters.
Thanks for looking.

7 Likes

Really nicely finished Paddy.
I’ve had one in the stash for years, must find the time to build it one day.

1 Like

Cracking build Paddy, always loved the look of the Wessex, and you have captured it well.
Andy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very well done, I especially like the look of the aged paint!

1 Like

Ditto what Joe said! It looks fantastic!

1 Like

Very nice. Great job on it.

1 Like

Great looking kit there Paddy of the venerable Wessex, an old classic. A not so fond memory is me falling out of one in Denmark from about 16ft with a GPMG closely following me lol … but thats another storey

1 Like

Sounds painful. I’m laughing at it but I bet it wasn’t funny then, John.

1 Like

It was actually funny … We were doing QRF tasks as part of an exercise with some Danish Tankies and were deployed by Wessex. I was GPMG No1 and while on route I dozed off ( we had been on the go for about 48hrs in O.Ps with nearly zero real sleep)… when we got to the drop off someone nudged me awake and I thought I heard … " GO GO GO" , when in fact it was a simple “get ready” so I unhooked the belt and grabbed the GPMG and flung myself out the door thinking we were on the ground: whereas we were about 16ft off the ground in a hover lol … On the way down I thought this is going to bloody hurt, but we over very boggy peaty ground and It was pretty much like falling into a huge wet sponge … so slightly winded but that was it thankfully… sadly the GPMG didnt fair so well and went in to about foot of sludge next to me … those were the days lol

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing, that gave me a chuckle

1 Like

I love the look of this build, it’s absolutely gorgeous