Italeri leopard A6 WTH were they thinking?

Below is the instructions showing parts 67 to be applied to the front of the hull.

Whaaaaaaaat, am I missing and has anyone ever came across either a A5 or A6 with the handles mounted there?

Haven’t looked at the A6 handrails issue, but Italeri famously can’t count periscopes either. There’s a reason why the likes of MENG, Hobbyboss, etc have all successfully jumped on the Leopard bandwagon…

1 Like

Which Italeri kit number is it?

Instructions for Italeri nr 6435 (from 2004)

Italeri 365 (the A5 kit)

Italeri 6567 (from 2019)

The A4 kit has those handles on its slab sided (vertical) front

It is from a pretty old release, it has many inaccuracies, not only the front hand rails. It was not labeled 2A6 but Leopard II Improved/KWS version. White box if I recall correctly

2 Likes

It is from a pretty old release, it has many inaccuracies, not only the front hand rails. It was not labeled 2A6 but Leopard II Improved/KWS version. White box if I recall correctly

Nailed it! You cant find anything telling you which model this is. Also notice part 91. Also WTHHHH! yeah already glued long ago. But I guess I break them off and fix it. Italeri your lucky you build a fury tank, otherwise middle finger.

@1994 built.

kit 280

KWS is prototype designation I think. KWT was also a prototype

The is also a TVM

2 Likes

You might be able to get a prototype-test vehicle out of it. But certainly not a production vehicle

Photo from when Sweden tested early versions

I get the impression that c67 is present on the right side of the photo (left side of tank)
but not on the right side.

BUT
on other pictures it is obvious that it is the edge of the lower armour plate which extends into the light

I could see the prototype being the excuse then, just should have known which I did while doing it, but thought, must have been wrong on what I thought while doing it.

Whats funny is the only way you can do them is by cutting out a bit of the middle of the bars and making them smaller to fit on the front.

KWS = KampfWertSteigerung (Battle Value Increase)

KMW = Krauss-Maffei-Wegmann

Use some withe paint to paint over the c67-parts in the instructions

yes, but which ones? four parts are 67 on the sprue with two separate sizes. :upside_down_face:

c67 is not the same as b67

b67

c67

yes, but were back to the same issue. Neither of the 67’s will fit the front mounting squares.

and I think you should forget about the handles on the front (wedge) armour.
Put them in the spares box, they might come in handy for some other project.

I think they were simply carried over from Italeris 2 A4 kits

Or let me phrase it another way. None of the parts given will fit the front. Whatever number they are, or whatever parts supplied.

They were glued on along time ago.

Its going to be a Afrika Korp tank. fantasy land anyway.

out patient surgery scheduled for today. Removal of two front growths.

1 Like

Hang some washing on them?
:grin: :rofl:

1 Like