Italeri Montecassino Abbey 1944 Battle Set | Armorama™

New Italeri Battle Set box for Montecassino Abbey 1944, including tanks, figures and buildings at 1/72.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/italeri-montecassino-abbey-1944-battle-set
3 Likes

This is terrifically interesting, but the big question which is not apparently answered anywhere is - do you get that truly impressive looking scenic base as part of the kit, the one that’s depicted on the box art and in all the promotional photos? I’d suggest if that isn’t available in any form, then the promotional advertising is at the very least, misleading. Otherwise this is an impressive model - (could the building part be sold seperately, as a standalone, for less cost? The figures and kits are less of a draw and can be bought separately).

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! I definitely agree, if the base isn’t included then the product is misleading. I would think that the base is there but not the scenery, i.e. the grass, trees, bushes, etc.

1 Like

You wouldn’t expect that, and I’d think the reasonable expectation is that the modeller should have access to flock powders, static grass, et c, to add further detail according to their desires and ability. A simple basic vac-form base, sturdy enough to support the model and with basic detail of road, rock formations, et c, would be acceptable as part of the deal. The modeller’s imagination takes over afterwards.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do agree with that as well. They should at least provide the base. They really should provide a small packet of grass and/or flock.

1 Like

The Italeri website doesn’t show a base. It shows a few sprues of figures and tanks, a bunch of sheets of laser-cut wood for the building, and decals. No vac-form or other type of base.

2 Likes

Except on the box-art. Does it advise anywhere, on the box, that the base is not included? If it does, it’s still misleading but at least the buyer’s been informed, even if in very tiny letters on the bottom of the box. If there’s no disclaimer, there’s a possible trades descriptions infringement?

2 Likes

Across the bottom of the box front it lists the contents and does not show a base. So, I bet they are good legally speaking.

2 Likes