Italeri Semovente M42 da 75/34 | Armorama™

Italeri updates the Semovente M42 da 75/34 with new parts, metal gun barrel, gluable tracks and photoetch set.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/italeri-semovente-m42-da-75-34
2 Likes

Awesome! If they only included some Infantry figures with the kit.

This model is in principle the same one that Tamiya brought to the market some time ago, the difference is in the aluminum barrel and the lack of figures.
It’s a bit on the soft side when it comes to detail but…there’s no other.
It is a pity that the caterpillars are not loose sections and links.
The Tamiya model:

Let’s hope that at least the Italeri kit is cheaper than the Tamiya one.

The box labels suggests it was a Italeri kit and Tamiya added figures which they have done with other manufacturers kits mostly for home market sales as imports are expensive as I recall.

Not that I know the differences but it seems both companies had M40/18 kits in the 70’s. The M42/75 seems to be a Italeri only plastic, with Tamiya adding figures and now Italeri adding a metal barrel with no figures.

I wanted to add this to my collection for years, but never got around to it. Glad I waited. :smiley:

Crap tracks belong in the 70`s !

I build all my models with metal tracks so the main issue is fixed actually I think to buy one !

1 Like

After seeing this i bought the Tamiya kit. The Tamiya kit is the ORIGINAL Italeri kit with some Tamiya figures. Not worth what I paid for it IMHO. The tracks are the original Italeri rubber band tracks. The gun comes in two pieces split right down the length of the barrel. I tried to source a replacement barrel for the kit with no luck. Depending on the price, with a metal barrel included, the Italeri kit is the better option. You can always get figures elsewhere.