Italeri Semovente M42 da 75/34 | Armorama™

Italeri updates the Semovente M42 da 75/34 with new parts, metal gun barrel, gluable tracks and photoetch set.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/italeri-semovente-m42-da-75-34
2 Likes

Awesome! If they only included some Infantry figures with the kit.

The box labels suggests it was a Italeri kit and Tamiya added figures which they have done with other manufacturers kits mostly for home market sales as imports are expensive as I recall.

Not that I know the differences but it seems both companies had M40/18 kits in the 70’s. The M42/75 seems to be a Italeri only plastic, with Tamiya adding figures and now Italeri adding a metal barrel with no figures.

I wanted to add this to my collection for years, but never got around to it. Glad I waited. :smiley:

Crap tracks belong in the 70`s !

I build all my models with metal tracks so the main issue is fixed actually I think to buy one !

After seeing this i bought the Tamiya kit. The Tamiya kit is the ORIGINAL Italeri kit with some Tamiya figures. Not worth what I paid for it IMHO. The tracks are the original Italeri rubber band tracks. The gun comes in two pieces split right down the length of the barrel. I tried to source a replacement barrel for the kit with no luck. Depending on the price, with a metal barrel included, the Italeri kit is the better option. You can always get figures elsewhere.