Italeri Wespe

Finally got some pics done of a long term project to upgrade the Italeri Wespe.

Its the basic kit with the addition of OKB tracks and drive wheel (and lovely things they are to) and the ABER replacement gun barell .
Did think or replacing the road wheels but decided the originals were good enough.
The basic kits gun is very basic so lots of details added to a new carriage, cheeks added to the shield.
New sight made ( fiddly and challenging).
Wrong style shells included in the kit so new ones made.
New ammo lockers for shells and charges made.
New exhaust made with associated pipe work.
Lots of details added to interior, radio rack and radio and tarpulin ties added to the outside.
Various lockers made.
Headlight replaced.

Basic research from Tamiya 1/35th scale builds and my kit still sitting forlornly on the shelf.
The pics are taken with a background of a plasticard thats new to me, ( DSPIAE) it has a printed on grid in mm which I find really useful
L
FINISHED INTERIOR 2

WESPE 1
WESPE 3
WESPE 5

WESPE 9
Finnaly finished the Wespe as a vehicle from the 9th Hoenstaufen.
Build went more or less as planned outlined above.
Tools from Maco and various sources.
All I need to do now is make some crew figures for it.

Life color paints, various washes pestels for weathering. Kept the weathering fairly muted.
This was the first outing for the H&S Ultra airbrush very impressed with it, possibly the most user friendly out of the box airbrush
I’ve used.
L

12 Likes

Really nice build. I like it. When did Italeri release a Waspe ? I never saw it.

1 Like

Thank you Randy.
Its an old kit 80/90’s probably, still available unlike the ACE kit.
L

1 Like

What scale is this? I don’t recall a 1/35 Wespe from Italeri ever…

In any case, this looks very nice!

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to put the scale up in the title its 1/72 scale.
L

4 Likes

Damn. I gave it a “like” when I thought it was 1/35. Can I give it a double “like”?

4 Likes