Italian Soft-Skinned Vehicles of the Second World War - Motorcycles, Cars, Trucks, Artillery Tractors 1935-1945 - Volume 1 | Armorama™

Randy L Harvey reviews the book, Italian Soft-Skinned Vehicles of the Second World War - Motorcycles, Cars, Trucks, Artillery Tractors 1935-1945 - Volume 1 from Helion & Company by Daniele Guglielmi, Mario Pieri and Ralph Riccio and illustrator David Bocquelet.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/italian-soft-skinned-vehicles-of-the-second-world-war---motorcycles-cars-trucks-artillery-tractors-1935-1945---volume-1
2 Likes

Interesting

3 Likes

I have been listening to The History of the Second World War Podcast, and Italians contributed large numbers of men and much materiel to the Spanish Civil War, North Africa and the Eastern Front.

3 Likes

Fascinating book. Like so much of Axis equipment, they span the gamut of ingenious (Sahariana) through antiquated (SPA 25 C).

Can’t wait for the next volume.

2 Likes

Vaguely reminds me of South Africa’s Padda Kobus armored car.

3 Likes

There were a few of these in the Egyptian army in 1948 along with some of the Italian armor.

3 Likes

Randy, will you be reviewing Volume 2? AMPS has already received their review copy and gotten it published.

It is my understanding that volume two is going to be sent to me. :crossed_fingers: