It's a Monster, Comrade!

This is my take on what an E-100 might’ve looked like had it actually gone into production. It’s the Trumpeter kit with some extras. I received the kit partially completed from an acquaintance. He had completed the turret, hull, and suspension. But when he tried to mount the kit’s tracks the idler wheels and drive sprockets couldn’t take the tension and bowed in. Disgruntled, he shelved the kit and eventually passed it on to me. I cut the sprockets and idlers loose and used brass rod to strengthen the joints. This enabled me to successfully mount the tracks. The kit had some broken and missing parts, including the IR set up. I used parts from the scrap box to replace what I needed, and to dress up the turret. The IR stuff I sourced from a set by Great Wall Hobby. It also provided the MG34, to which I added a scratch-built ammo pouch. The parts box also supplied an antenna and fire extinguisher for the rear deck. At the front I added the driver’s IR spotlight, with the mount and power cable for his scope. The figures are from Evolution Miniatures. The tanker and the peasant woman came as a set. I had to add a shoulder strap to the soldier’s PPSh-41.

The cobble stone road, picket fence and telephone pole came from the Village Road Section kit by Miniart. The road was my first experience working with vacuum formed parts. The Jerry cans came from a set by GWH. Thanks for looking. All comments, or questions are welcome.

19 Likes

:+1:t2:

Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Not a big fan of Paper Panzers but I always kind of liked the E100.Sharp looking camo. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

You have done an EXCELLENT job on the vehicle, figures and overall presentation!
Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I always liked the look of the E-100 myself. Particularly Trumpeter’s interpretation, and how the turret might have looked. And I guess that technically it’s not a ‘Paper Panzer’, as the Germans were actually building a prototype. Most likely would not have bought the kit myself. But since I was given it, figured I’d see what I could do with it.

Very nice save! Well done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent job all around Al. Great paint job on that monster and figures too.

1 Like

Thanks, I had fun with it, and I’m quite happy with the way it came out.

Awesome painting on everything. True artwork here.

1 Like

Fantastic work Al! I like the black and green camo, and your figures are beautiful!

Thanks, Matt (brain cells are working, got it right this time :smiley:). I appreciate the compliments. Since it was a ‘what-if’, felt free to take a few liberties. Not black, a really dark green that is actually a Luftwaffe color. Figured by that time in the war, they’d use whatever they could get.