Jagdtiger Sd.Kfz. 186 Last Hope Against the Red Hordes | Armorama™

Takom "Blitz" kit of an Early/Late Jagdtiger Sd.Kfz. 186

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/jagdtiger-sdkfz-186-early-late-takom-blitz-last-hope-against-red-hordes
5 Likes

I really like the tracks. No rust! Rest of the model is first rate also. Thanks for sharing. . .

1 Like

HI firefly,
May thanks for your kind words, i’m glad you like it.
A pleasure to share it, thanks for taking a minute to comment on it.
Cheers, Francis. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Francis and that is a superb Jagdtiger. the weathering and finish is perfect. Just the right amount of rust and paint wear showing through in all the right areas. Tracks are very nicely done … kit or metal AM ones ? Lovely work :+1:

1 Like

Hi Johnnych01,
Many thanks for your most kind words, i’m glad you like it.
The tracks are those offered by the kit, plastic link to link, also includes a jig for assembly, although it is not necessary if you do not want to use, because having only one point of contact, the Saggy is very simple to replicate.
Cheers.
Francis :+1:

1 Like

It looks very nice! How did you attach the helmets?

1 Like

Hi RougePilot,
Many thanks for your kinf comment, i’m glad you like it.
It’s not much of a mystery, if you’ve seen the tooth on one of the hull spare tracks, it’s a very appropriate place to hold them.
Since the hull is with the hollow part on the side, it is not visible, so a drop of AC does the job.
If it was with the hollow side showing somehow, then it would be appropriate to do some scratching, to simulate the straps to hold the helmet to the head, and even the padding/strap inside.
One way to do it, and one that looks great, is to use pewter in very thin strips, and then add a buckle made of copper wire, for example, although it is difficult (at least for me) as it is very small and complicated to handle.
Cheers.
Francis. :+1:

1 Like

Sounds simple enough! I’ve already gone through most of my old sprues with figures (mostly old Tamiya ones that I won’t use in the future) and cut off most of the accessories, such as helmets, guns. knives, gas mask cannisters, binoculars, etc… Now I have one more use for them.

1 Like

Hi RougePilot,
It is a good decision, I have been using surplus/spare parts/pieces from discarded projects for a long time, to add some to my models.
They get a second chance and it’s pretty cheap…lol
Cheers
Francis. :+1:

1 Like