Javelin from AFV CLub | Armorama™

I remember building that kit. It was called “US Marine Tank Killers”. I think you can still find the set on eBay, but get ready to pay a premium.

If you just want the M220 Ground Mount, you can find it on the Tamiya M1046 Humvee set or the Academy equivalent; the M996.

1 Like

Paying a premium for those would be a bad choice when the resin ones are much better in details and around the same price.
For instance, Legend Productions’ TOW:

I even CADded the older version for mounting. Haven’t 3D printed yet:

Back to the topic, I do not think I’ll be getting the AFV Club’s separate Javelin offering. It’s too expensive for what it is.

1 Like

Your version in CAD will fit nicely into the ODS/Balkans/OIF/OEF/Syria time frame, while the Legend Productions one would fit nicely into a more current setting.

I’ve seen the Deagon set going for about 15-20 on the Bay.

Has anyone bought any of the 1/35 Javelin kits and can comment?

There are the 1/35 3D printed Javelins, the AFV-Club Javelins, the Tori Factory Javelins, figures with Javelins, etc.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

James Lee does a really good 3D print. The fins on the deployed missile are a challenge as they are fragile.

2 Likes

I bought a couple from SSR models a while ago; 3D printed and very nice.

SSR Models | Facebook

4 Likes

Getting back to this thread…has anyone determined which is the best and most accurate 1/35 plastic or resin Javelin kit?

2 Likes