Jeep CJ2 Palmach unit in 1948

Great job on the conversion and the figures Stéphane. :+1:

Olivier

1 Like

Hi
there is a lot of difference with the wheels of Italeri?
I want build Indian version…

Thanks guys (special hello to olivier!).
A few replies: the Italeri 's wheels are differents (with screw and with a different bulge+ a not great tyre)!
ReluctantRenegate, i thinks you’re right but i let it as it is since a jerrycan will be in front!
Yes the letters are from an Archer sheet (i had to buy 2 sets to have enough) about sherman!
Thanks all for your constructive comments.
Now it’s time to do a little diorama and add wheathering.
Stephane

Greetings Stephane. Nice work. Am looking this conversion set. Actually looking for 3 of them. Have for the last few days with “no joy”. Where did you purchase yours from. Thank you for your time.
Paul R. Miles

Unless one pops up on Ebay or elsewhere (i.e. the Buy and Sell of this website or others), I expect you won’t find any. Azimut no longer has a website so the only alternative is to call their shop in Paris to see if they still have stock, but you need to be fluent in French.

Best Value stuff was always limited production; BVM combined their conversion bits with the plastic kit it was meant for in one box and since Azimut purchased a limited amount of just the plastic sprues/kits they needed from the appropriate manufacturer, they only made that many BVM kits for that conversion. This kit was released about 5 years ago so it is, I suspect, going to be difficult to find.

If you just need the parts to convert to a CJ2A, there is the Black Dog CJ2A Civilian Firetruck that will give you most of the parts you need (front grill, rear plate, and taller windshield). You will still have to scratch the tailgate. The 7:00 x16 wheels can be found from DEF models. You will also have a bunch of firefighting stuff left over.

https://www.passion132.com/29214-thickbox_default/black-dog-t35190-135-jeep-willys-cj2a-fire-truck-conversion-set.jpg

Thank you for your reply Jon. Looks like “Evil Bay” will have to be the path I follow. Happy New Year! :clinking_glasses: