JLC saw, how did I model without one of these?

Just got one set from UMM, this tool is fantastic! If you don’t have one, get one!
I knew of these tools, just never purchased one.

3 Likes

Glad you like them. I don’t remove any plastic without them anymore. Sprue cutter are just that, removing the gate if need be to make it easier to cut. For more flexibility you can remove the blade from the saw to cut, it has a pretty good flex. I hardly use the handle.

1 Like

I hardly use it for removing parts from the sprue (I prefer my single edge nippers), but for any cut you have to do, I agree they are excellent

I found on kits like Miniart or Dragon the small parts with multiple attachment points break when using nippers from the stress but cutting is fine.

1 Like

Those sorts of saws are amazing :clap:

I can barely draw a straight line with a pencil & straight edge but can do an exact straight precision cut with this tool. Great for cuts as mentioned, some part removal & shaving details off other parts intact for use else where.

Must have tool honestly.

2 Likes

I have learned to cut out a section of the sprue first so that the cut closer to the part can be done without causing pressure on the part. It works in some cases.
I use a saw in those cases where there is no way to use side cutters without causing damage.

1 Like

sounds interesting but can you post a pic or two and who is UMM?

UMM

2 Likes

many thanks

1 Like

I’m with you. Ever since someone recommend razor saws for part removal I barely use nippers. Miniart parts are easy to break with them

1 Like