Just circling back to an old hobby after 25 Years

Hello everyone,

I am just venturing back into the world of kit building. It’s been 25 plus years since I glued two pieces of styrene together. Like most everyone else, everyday life had put a stop to most of my modeling and dioramas. Now I find myself with more free time.
Way, way back I was very much into building WWII armour, mostly Shermans and the many variants of them. I suppose because my father was a tanker in the ETO and we seem to have more than a few shermans in the area that I had access too. And frankly its just a great looking tank!
I am currently completing my 1/144th Leopold railway gun as a mockup for the 1/35th Trumpeter kit I/m going to build. As I get started on this project I hope I can reach out and get some pointers on my build. It seems a lot has changed in 25 years.

13 Likes

That 1:35 cannon is going to be VERY impressive! Welcome to the forums!

Hi Stephen, welcome to KitMaker.
Glad you came back to the hobby. Your Leopold looks great. Can’t wait to see you working on the 1/35 model.

Are you into model railroad subjects? If so, drop by RailRoad Modeling and show us your work?

All my best,

Fred

Welcome back into the fold Stephen, and the 1/144 version looks great. … the big 1/35 brother will certainly take up some space and will be great to see being built up.

I’d have never guessed it was that small Stephen. Great showing for your reunion tour!

Welcome to Armorama Stephen! Great way to re-enter the hobby - that Leopold looks spectacular!

Very impressive railway gun! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Stephen, outstanding build, until I read the text I thought it was a 1/72nd build, the scenery, especially the rock formations above the tunnel entrance really help set the whole diorama off, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer: