K tinga Class Bird of Prey

Thank you Chris, will do

1 Like

Looks like the ship is coming along very well!

Have you encountered any serious fit issues?

1 Like

No . No fit issues so far . There are places where the instructions are vague. I haven’t gotten far yet , been working at this between other build while waiting on liquid electrical tape to show up which arrived yesterday .

2 Likes

I just took the first step in my own kit. Was going to do it at the beginning of summer but mine had two bottom hulls instead of a top and bottom. Took a while to get a replacement. I’ve only treated the inside for the lighting so far, but I have to wait to continue as I start a week of ‘professional development’ :roll_eyes: out of town. Dull seminars (Hope we get to role-play scenarios.), uncomfortable rooms, and cheap buffet lunches are exactly the things I needed to end my summer right!

I am going to try and follow behind you as you go.

2 Likes

Any updates? I’ve gotten this far on mine:

Boom is also done but I am getting the main hull all set before I attach it. I found some minor fit issues but that could also be due to my not having adequate clamps to hold parts and not enough test-fitting. Although test-fitting with all that wiring in the way is kind of tough. I stuck with the OOB experience so I didn’t add any lights like you have.

6 Likes

@brekinapez soon all you’ll need is a Federation outpost to raid!

Looking Good!

1 Like

Hi Chris, just wondering how the Klingon BattleCrusier is coming along. Wade

Me too. I finished mine.

Is there a way to play from inside the model the music from Star Trek I when you turn the lights on?

On a completely unrelated note - why do the bad guys always get the coolest looking stuff?

1 Like

I imagine if I had more experience with microelectronics I could have cobbled something up. The kit, alas, does not come with such.

As for the unrelated note; that’s why I build German WWII armor. Lots of interesting thinking going on in those design studios.

The Klingon himself, of course, is not a handsome man which makes one wonder how they get so much cool in their ship designs…

I suspect the Klingons and all the other “bad guys” have a native version of “Bauhaus Design” focused on “form follows function”.

Naturally the emphasis is focused “deadly efficient warmachine”.

1 Like

To be honest I havent worked on it lately

How big is this model?

Phil its 20 inches or so

1 Like