Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000B/D/N

I thought I’d post a build review of sorts of Kinetics Mirage 2000B/D/N and the issues that I encountered when building it. The problem isn’t with the fit of the parts, though there were some from my haste so not really the kit’s fault, but more with Kinetic’s instructions. I got the kit incredibly cheap (40 dollars NZ including shipping) as a couple of the clear parts were missing from the kit. There are parts to build three different versions so two different noses, three different tails, two jet nozzles, two types of Magic AAM (1 and 2), three drop tanks, two AS-30L ASM (2000D). No nuke for the N version however. I’ll follow the instructions and provide clarity (I hope) where needed. I’ll probably take a few days to photograph it and provide a description, so it’s not going to be instantaneous, but it should be informative (hopefully LOL)

Okay here goes!!

1/. Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000B/D/N by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

Front I.P. labeled in instructions as part E4 (Cockpit tub!) Actually part C4

2/. Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000B/D/N by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

Open hole near front of nose behind the radome for aerial part C45. Part F4 is a light and should be part C37 a slanted aerial.

3/. 20210228_183238 by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

Part F4 goes here!!

4/. 20210228_185019 by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

This should be clear part F7 landing lights.

5/. 2021-02-28_06-55-57 by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

Missing plates part C32 x 2

6/. Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000B/D/N by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

Second aerial should be part C36. Part F4 should be part F3 as far as I can tell. It was missing from my sprue.

7/. Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000B/D/N by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

Which jet nozzle??? It was pointed out by another reviewer that it’s open versus closed, but still it’s ignored in the instructions. Wings tips for the B/D models are parts E21 and E22 though only the N wing tips are described.

8/. Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000B/D/N by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

Parts F4 and C32 shown in place, though no mention was made of their installation.

The kit is well engineered, goes together well and is nicely detailed but the instructions let it down rather badly in my opinion. But it’s nothing referrence material and common sense won’t over come. I still recommend this kit to those of us who like delta wing and French aircraft subjects!!

1 Like