Kitty Hawk 1/35 MH-60S M197 cannon question

I was just wondering if anyone else got shorted the resin pieces from 50015 the MH-60S Knighthawk for the M197 20mm gun ?

I picked up two of this kit and both are missing those parts. I’ve contacted Kitty Hawk, was just wondering if anybody else had this issue.

Now that I’ve got them all I can start my new project.

My MH-60S came with the resin/metal gun parts. I don’t plan on using the gun though. If you can’t get a replacement, let me know and we can work something out.

Nice collection. I too have most of them, minus the SH-60B (but I have the B decals for the F) and MH-60R.

Thanks a lot for the offer. I will let you know.

Just a heads up. Just heard back from Kitty Hawk models that the M197 20mm gatling gun for the MH-60S kit # KH0015 is no longer included in the kit, and won’t be in the future as well. They have discontinued releasing it with the kit as I found out with the recent two kits that I just got from them. From what I understand now Kitty Hawk will only put in special edition resin pieces with first issues of kits.

They did the same with the resin pilots/crew on the MH-60L and HH-60G initial releases as well. Now, neither kit comes with the resin crew figures.

I still have a couple of those.

Yup, me too.

FYI: For the MH-60S it is missing the ammo can, ammo chute, and power supply for the M197.

Another option is Werner’s Wings resin M197 Cannon Set (35-22). It includes the gun, ammo box, and power supply. You will still have to make or source the ammo feed chute though.

Maybe you can help me out. I bought this kit direct from Sophia at Kitty Hawk. Mine arrived minus the cannon, when I emailed her back about the missing cannon, she actually claimed that the cannon was not included and I should seek an outside source. This is exactly opposite of every review I can find, and even build logs. Now that I emailed her with screen captures showing that all the reviews showing the cannon, she has stopped replying to my emails.

Anyone have a better relationship with Kitty Hawk, that can help me get what should have been included from the beginning? I know that they are closijg down due to covid-19, but I have been told that her email is still active, even though she stopped answering my questions over a month ago.

Thabks in advance,

Anthony D’Agostino

It’s not just for Covid, they closed their doors for good.

The resin gun was only included in the initial release boxings as an extra, just as they did w/resin pilots & crew in earlier releases in the series. Later releases did/do not include it.

If you really want an M197 Cannon, the Werner’s Wings one I show/linked to above is very nice and is more complete than what came with the kit. It is also reasonably priced.

Hello again, thanks for the kits you sold me a few years ago, I love them. Also thanks for the details regarding the cannon, seems strange though, they should have changed the box art and made it clear that no cannon was included. Especially when all the reviews show the cannon and reported it as included with the kit.

That sucks if they really are closed for good, I am shocked, wonder what the reason is. I hope they do the right thing, and sell their toolings to another company, it would be a shame to never see these kits again. I really don’t see another company making comparable kits regarding details. As you know, I the difference between Kitty Hawks Blackhawk kits, and Academy’s kits, is quite literally night and day. The Academy kit has almost no panel lines/rivets, no ceiling details and bland over all interior. Having the Cobra Company upgrades makes all the difference in the world. But I still have to wear out a few rivet making tools, trying to play catch-up :grin:

Thanks gentlemen,

Anthony

I forgot to mention, Floyds cannon is reasonably priced, but when you add shipping to the Philippines at $20, the cost gets prohibitive, especially when I thought I had already paid for the cannon when I purchased the kit from Sophia. Paying another $35 for a part that should have been there, is frustrating. I did realize that I have the Academy MH-60S, which might have the cannon inside, I have to check it out. If not, I will probably end up building the kit in a CSAR configuration, or as a troop transporter for infil/exfil operations.

Cheers,

Anthony

Unfortunately not. The Academy MH-60S does not include the M197 Cannon parts.

A hawk with a fixed cannon? What’s the idea behind that?

If I’m correct, the gun came in the first production run

Pete

CAS (Close Air Support) for special ops units. This is not the first version. The US Army 160th SOAR has been using a 30mm fixed chain gun (M230) since the '90s in the MH-60L DAP (Direct Action Penetrator) configuration.

2 Likes

What’s to work out? :thinking:Just send him the darned thing. :grinning:

Already done way back in Feb.