Knight Rider homage

Yeah, quite…

As such the DIY lighting rig is too big for the car, I may have to fit it into a base of sorts… now that gives me another idea!

This may not be a catastrophe after all.

Keep watching this space and thanks for watching!

1 Like

Gavin,
Will do
joel

Yes, I decided to go the route of a base to house the electronics, but I need to spice up the base, so I got ones of these.

And a resin figure, you can guess who (started painting him)

This is a challenge as I have never painted a serious figure at this scale, just a basic Bruce Wayne working on the Batmobile. The face was almost hidden so that almost doesn’t count.

Onwards and upwards!

Till next time, thanks for looking.

7 Likes

Great idea, for the base.

The LED and figure will bring so much life, to this model.

2 Likes

Gavin,
Great idea for the base. Even I would have made that connection.

As for painting figures, it’s not an easy skill to learn, and from my perspective it does require some artistic skills for shading to create depth and the face, which I never got to look like a living person in my few attempts.

joel

1 Like

I ran into a spot of bother whilst painting the body.

I darn well dropped it while still wet! :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
This required a bit of sanding, which I slightly over did!

This will require a bit of re-spray to sort out my over zealous sanding.

3 Likes

Gavin,
Some primer feathered out, then repainted and no one will ever know the difference. I’ve long ago lost count on how many times I’ve had to repaint for a screw up or two.

joel

1 Like

I’ll admit that Knight rider was one of my favorite shows as a kid, so I’ll be watching with nostalgia tinted glasses :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I forgot to take photo’s of me fitting the lights, my bad.

But, I do have images of the plumbing from the under side of the base and with KITT in place.

How do like them LED’s?
KITT by Gavin Snowdon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

5 Likes

Gavin,
The picture is just a black blank.

I was kind of surprised at the number and dia of those wires. How on earth did you fit them all into Kitt, and hide them as well?

Joel

1 Like

Yeah, I got the gauge wrong. Used 20 instead of 22 if I’m not mistaken. Anyway it works and I’m happy.

Just click on it and it should take you to the video or try the link below.
Imgur

3 Likes

Gavin,
It works just fine. And nice job on the base.

joel

1 Like

Well, I have to call this as done! It was a blast!

I got a number of thumbs up and nods of approval at the 2021 IPMS Scale Model World in Telford, so mission accomplished! More importantly I am happy with my creation.

Thanks for the support, comments and for watching. :vulcan_salute:

I’ll leave you with some photos of the completed build.

6 Likes

Gavin,
Kitt turned out great. She sure did bring back a lot of memories for all of us old timers. I wonder if any of the real Kitt’s are still around?
joel

1 Like

Hi Joel,

During my research I discovered that at least 1 or 2 originals are still knocking around with some interesting history in their journeys. I think one was used at theme park with holes drilled in the floor pan to facilitate draining the excitement of young 'uns posing in the front. Things like that.

Thanks again for sharing this trip down memory lane.

G¬)

I think at last count was 6 but all have been modified after the ending of the TV series.

Great job Gavin. The base is very fitting. :+1:

2 Likes

Gavin, I can hear the opening bars of the theme song just by looking at your creation: that’s when you know you’ve done a great job! Kudos!

Dunit, dunit, dunit… Dunit… Dunit!!!

Super!!!

2 Likes

Such a cool build Gavin.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. :+1:t2: :pray:t2:

This turned out great and is something that you can certainly be proud of. It was a cool show to watch as a kid and the older I got the more cheesy it got but the car still gets good votes in my book.

1 Like