L/F Le Mans Stripes

Does anyone know where I might find a set of blue Le Mans (aka go-fast) stripes for the Polar Lights 2006 Ford GT like these:

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,
Let me check when I get home later this week. I may have a sheet.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Jim

Jim,
I just doubled checked the Indy Cal site, and Michael doesn’t offer them.
joel

Yeah, I checked there, too. It was a long shot as it’s a street car and not a race car.

Jim

Jim,
I just googled the Tamiya kit, and indeed it has the top racing stripes in various colors plus window masks, etc, but they don’t have the side stripes.
Seems that the Polar Lights kit is just a re-boxing of the AMT 1/25 scale Snap Fit kit, sot the Tamiya decals would be to big even if you could get that sheet off of ebay or Facebook.
joel

When I did the PL 2006 as a Ken Miles Daytona 66 tribute I’m pretty sure I put the rest of the decal sheet in the same bin I keep my spare ones in. 90% sure I’ve got it and will know this evening.

@Joel_W I kind of figured that the decals from the Tamiya kit might be too big as they are 1/24 and the Polar Lights kit is 1/25. Although I have considered picking up the Tamiya GT just because it’s a Tamiaya kit. There are side stripes in the Polar Lights kit in black, white, and a strange beige-gold color.

@Dixon66 Thanks, Dave. I appreciate it.

Jim

Jim,
The Tamiya kit is the best kit out there and the fit is nearly perfect from the reviews I’ve seen. But they don’t have those side racing stripes.
Joel

I like Tamiya kits, and the Ford GT is one hell of a car!

Jim

Jim, Sorry, the sheet I have only has the black and the white stripes.

You are welcome to them if you want to use them to create masks.

Thanks, Dave. I appreciate it. Actually white on blue isn’t a bad combination either.

Jim

DM me your address and I’ll get them in the mail tomorrow.

Being dropped of at USPS later today.

1 Like