L/F Revell 1/25 Reynard Road Course Rear Wing

Since I’m not allowed to create posts in the “Buy, Sell, Trade” section, I’ll put this here. I am building this kit:

But I have run into a small problem. I purchased the kit used at a model car show last year, and somewhere along the line something melted dome of the kit parts. The only part that I cannot repair of hide is the Road Course Rear Wing (P/N 13).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

Can you give us a photo of the part in question? Depending on the damage and the intended pose of the vehicle, you might be able to place tools or a drop cloth over the damage.

1 Like

Unfortunately the damage is on the left side rear wing panel. The photo isn’t great, but it looks worse in person.

I think the only way I could “hide” it is if I had a driver leaning against it.

Jim

Can you block sand it and use surfacer to fix it ?
Then re scribe the details?

I’ve been trying to fix it, but the darn thing keeps snapping. I’m going to keep working on it, though.

Jim

Why not use the part trace its shape on plastic sheet? Transfer the detail and then cut off both wings. Replace with new pieces.

1 Like

You’re assuming that I have a modicum of talent for scratch building. I generally consider myself lucky if I get a kit together box-stock.

Jim

1 Like