Landing craft tank LCT 5 project 1/35 scale

Hello everybody!
I’m member of a modeling club and we’ve just started the project of a diorama in 1/35 scale depicting the Normandy landings. My contribution is the making of a LCT 5 using 3D printing.
I’ve found interesting reference material, mainly on the internet, but I still haven’t found detailed blueprints. Can anyone help me?
Happy modeling!

2 Likes

Don’t know if you have stumbled upon these sites, but lots of great info including rudimentary blueprints with dimensions.

The Tin Armada:Saga of the LCT (ww2lct.org)
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia: LCT Class, Allied Landing Craft (kgbudge.com)

2 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

First of all, welcome!
You could try the museum that was instrumental in restoring the last remaining example. I have been extremely lucky lately in obtaining information from museums as far away as Australia. Presumably they worked off of blueprints to aid them in their restoration.
In many cases museum staff are happy to send along photos as well. I always offer to pay, but often they are just happy to help. It’s those close up photos that really help.

2 Likes

The LCT in Portsmouth

and https://theddaystory.com/

Checkout the Mulberry Harbours D-Day (9th June to early December 1944)
One of the guys did a superb 1/35th LCI and an LCT-4
If you do errr social media

and this guy: René Hieronymus
1/72nd LCT5 3D Print forthcoming.

MAP publications (UK) who published Military Modelling as was, did/used to do several LCT 4 & 5 Plans for the R/C Model Boat Guys. i don’t know where mine are right now, nor who owns the rights for duplication.

1 Like

And then there is the Accurate Armour Armarda

1 Like

Could this be interesting?

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, I found those sites, valuable information indeed, but still missing some details of the stern winch and the bow ramp for instance.

2 Likes

Thanks, almost everything I need is there.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, but the only remaining example I’ve found is a LCT 4 and not a LCT 5. Bad luck!

1 Like

It’s at the museum that jon_a_its posted a link to. They’re the ones I alluded to who did the rebuild. I’d email them and ask for photos of those specific areas you want. You’d be hard pressed to get small details right just from bluprints. My newest gig requires that I took a look at some blueprints briefly, I was like a pig looking at a wristwatch. Thank God I don’t need to build anyhting off of them. And the money ain’t bad. :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks to all for the quick answers and the interesting information.
The project is on the way!

1 Like