Landy Series 1 SAS Patrol Vehicle Pics

Today we’ve posted some photos of the Land Rover Series 1 SAS Patrol Vehicle via the Imperial War Museum. Here’s the link to the photos: WarWheels.Net -Land Rover Series 1 SWB SAS Patrol Vehicle Photos .

3 Likes

Brilliant! AK Interactive’s Land Rover, chop/borrow a few bits off Italeri’s “Commando Car”, add Accurate Armour’s Bergen rucksacks, covert a Bren to the L4, a .30 browning from somewhere else and job done!

3 Likes

IIRC, one of the Dragon Weapons Sets comes with a L4 LMG. :smirk:

2 Likes

It does indeed! I used one on my Brit M109:

M109 RA (6)

5 Likes

Great set of pics.

1 Like

Nice pics. What we need is some period correct figures. Somehow there’s a huge gap between WWII and the Gulf War. These are a good start - I’m using them myself, although obviously for Belfast.

2 Likes

Interesting figs- thanks for posting the link .

1 Like

I gotta remember this thread in a few weeks… We have a few of the new AK Land Rover 88’s in stock at my work, and I think I have most everything that I need to make one of these in my stash… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Badger 3D (UK) have a number of Op Banner (NI) figures and now RUC officers.

These go with their expanding range of Pigs, Saracens, Saxons, SEVEN (!) LandRovers in NI configuration, and an expanding range of UK CVT’s.

Disclaimer: I have bought 5 vehicles from them, satisfied customer, and am planning to get a number of figures soon, available in multiple scales, from 1/87 to 1/16th, depending on item.

The Dutch company mentioned previously have a greater range of poses and a Lightweight Landy Piglet, in 1/35th only.

2 Likes

Thank you Jon- even more interesting figs to consider!

1 Like

Anyone who has not visited the Syllys site because NI figures don’t interest them might be interested to know that they offer Cold War figures from other nations as well.

2 Likes

They do indeed and are well worth a look; I haven;t ordered any just yet but at least it means my YP-408 can have a semblance of activity, ditto my M113 C&R.

Hat’s off to Sylly!

2 Likes

Yeah they have some great stuff there, both figures and vehicle conversions! I saw some stuff that I’d love to get. Thanks for the link.

1 Like