Leo 2A8?

New stuff all the time.

4 Likes

Have been curious about this kit. Is it sold in the USA yet but otherwise, is there a ball park price? Tks.

1 Like

Ballpark, 42€ at der sockel shop on pre order.

2 Likes

That is superb value. The quandary is, do I wait for the Meng or do I pull the trigger on the AH? Tough one.

1 Like

Is this the model Germany is currently fielding or is it a prototype?

1 Like

Just a prototype/demonstrator. It´s not yet decided how a Leopard 2A8 would look like. Our Leopard 2 will not have the M151 Protector RWS.

1 Like

So the Leo 2A7V is the current model then.

1 Like

Definitly. And when the modifications are done on all tanks, the V designation will be dropped. They´re just Leopard 2 A7.

2 Likes

That’s a great price. Amusing Hobby kits are outstanding.

Here’s a link I am following indicating the advanced systems to initially be procured:

I am very interested in this version but am undecided as to whether to wait for Meng? 42 Euros is attractive though, but prefer to see the plastic before buying.

1 Like

Here some images of the Leopard 2 A8 demonstrator.

7 Likes

These are great thanks! I hope the plastic kit has all the external detail including defensive anti-projectile/missile system.

1 Like

I heard that the Bundeswehr Leopard´s will get the turret roof armor from Greek or Spanish Leopards. A lesson learned from Ukraine War. To me it´s to early to think about a Bundeswehr Leopard 2 A8.

1 Like

Don’t know how this ‘information’ was born.
This is not an A8, not even an A8 Demonstrator. It’s just a chopped show tank.
Cool looking, with strange features, but show.

1 Like

That was my worry also.

1 Like