Leopard 1 GR

Good morning again

And another one: Leopard 1 GR (out of the box - with the exception of the tactical signs on the turret - built MENG Leopard 1 A3/A4) in the early, MERDC-like greek camo scheme like described here:

(Sorry, “tank in the fog” again …)

Roger

12 Likes

Fantastic.Do love my leopards.Well done!!!.
Richard

2 Likes

Looks great, Roger! :+1:
Some years ago I have built the Leopard 2A4GR out of the Revell kit, so I know what a paint job that is.

2 Likes

Looks great and the paint scheme came out really well… Lovely work… I have to get a Leo built up of my own… Always liked the looks of the later 2 A6’s or 7’s.
Leo 2 has to be the most prolific MBT in Europe now surely ?

2 Likes

UHHH
Nice subject! well done
can I use Italeri to do the same tank?

1 Like

Hm, more or less, I think. You’d need a PZB 200 → can be found here https://www.perfect-scale.de/de/www-perfect-scale-de-3/PZB-200.html and another periscope for the commander …

1 Like

can I use Italeri to do the same tank?

The www.leopardclub.ca.org website discusses this issue. Each Italeri, Revell, among others in both Leopards I and II, site is the place to go for information regarding these kits.

Bill

1 Like

IIRC the Greek Leo 1s are effectively Leopard 1A3s. You could do it with an Italeri 1A4, adding the PZB200 and periscope from one of the 1A1, 1A2, or 1A5 kits. (If you grab it from the 1A5 it is surplus, so you can still build the whole 1A5 later!) The pioneer tools are a bit weak, and the engine grilles need replaced.

2 Likes

I wish that Italeri would re-release their old A4 kit, or upgrade the molds. Their line of Leopards 1 and 2 are nice models but I was never able to find their A4 due to constant deployments.

Bill

These days they are mostly found on ebay - can’t recall the last time I saw one in a store.

I understand. But. I have retired and cut up all of my credit cards and paid off all debt. I managed to get all of the Italeri Leopards A1 and A2 but one.

Bill