Leopard 2A7V RFM 1/35

Abrams project is still not finished but I’m tired of it so decided to start new model. I started assembling the hull.

11 Likes

Impression of the kit at this point?

1 Like

everything fits perfect, much better than abrams series from RFM (much less connection lines on parts, ex. wheels don’t have them at all and they need cleanup only in some places. The kit is 10/10 so far

3 Likes

That was fast work. How’s the plastic? Any mold lines?

I will be glued to this build as my kit should arrive this week.

2 Likes

By „connecting lines” I meant mold lines. Wheels almost don’t need any cleaning. Comparing this kit to other kits from rfm like tiger late, abrams or t-80 literally everything fits perfectly here and not all parts have mold lines

2 Likes

@Mateusz
Just a heads up, the rear mudflaps are sometimes removed and stowed on the side of the turret like this:

Have a look around the 33 minute mark onwards.
In stage 23 of the instructions for assemblies A15 & A16 show some ice cleats mounted on the armour. Again in the video the wagons do not have them and I have not found a picture of an in-service 2A7V with them on there yet, so I have left them off.

4 Likes

I have also just noticed that the wagons have the last side skirt panels folded upwards.
Too late for me, mine are already glued on.

5 Likes

The ice cleats were only installed on the turret armour as upgrades to 2A6x variants … 2A7s have them relocated at the turrets rear wall now.
Here a 2A6A3 …

4 Likes

First track is assembled, honestly meng did much better job with them.

5 Likes