She has been very fun to paint. And frustrating. It’s reinforcing that I’m nowhere near as good of a figure painters I thought I was, and that with my eyesight being what it is, I’m going to have to get new glasses or keep wearing my optivisor. I’ve also been painting with acrylics, and while I like the acrylics, I think there are some scales and some subjects that I’m going to have to resume using oils. Winsor Newton makes a range of water soluble oil paints. I’ve used them for years. They work very very well and get very good effects in my opinion. I don’t have the time anymore to wait for regular oils to dry so I need something that’ll drive fairly quick. Don’t get me wrong, these oil water soluble oils do not dry as fast as a regular acrylic but they do dry faster than regular oil paint.
All that said, I was disappointed with the way the face came out so after I posted these pictures last night, I remove the paint and repaint it the face. I’m not sure it’s done any better but I have the eyes looking a little bit better.