Limiting amount of CA or Thin cement

I use photo-etched applicators. And I also bought a bunch of different ones. After use, I anneal it with a lighter. I apply a drop of glue to plastic bottle caps (if you need a little) or to medicine blisters, of which I have a lot.

5 Likes

Step outside and use a lighter, works pretty good too, same thing I do w my GluLoopers. I stress step outside and stay upwind as the fumes are pretty toxi, hold well away from your face etc.

3 Likes

Being a retired crime scene tech, I used super glue fumes to find latent prints on objects. Works fantastic, but the fumes can glue your contact lenses to your eyeballs. Don’t ask me how I know

6 Likes

OUCH!!
I’ve heard about fingers getting glued to eyeballs (glue on finger, need to remove foreign object from eye …) but this was new.

3 Likes

Honestly, I was able to get away from the fumes before it firmly set on my contacts. I could feel the super glue holding the contacts to my eyeballs and quickly backed out and tore out the contact lenses before it got fully set. Lesson learned, don’t stand with your head over the object you are fuming.

5 Likes

Use a lighter. you can burn the ca glue off.

3 Likes

Tamiya airbrush cleaner is the same formula as their extra thin cement. One bottle of the AB cleaner = several bottles of glue.
:smiley: :canada:

2 Likes

I have acupuncture needles with a diameter of 0.25mm and about 5 inches long with the end away from the point twisted so it can be gripped.
It allows me to get the ca into very narrow gaps and is quite effective.
For other precision work I have glue loopers and a CA applicator set from DSPIAE.

5 Likes

Tried the .25 mm acupuncture needles for CA applications and they are outstandingly good!

Thank you for the tip.

3 Likes