Looking At The Dragon M103 Tanks

It is my understanding they did one deployment to Gitmo.

Is this Army or Marines? I think it is army

How I would love for that fuel rakc to be available as an aftermarket kit! It would transform an early M48 and as for the already huge M103, it would really set it off. I know it’s a fairly basic set up but I just haven’t the scratch skills. Sigh

1 Like

Are there any differences between the one used on the m103 and the one for the m48? It might be easier to convince an aftermarket or 3d printing company to do one.

Good point; I don’t think so. I found some pretty good pics on the www but just lack the courage. It doesn’t look much more than tubing, flat sheet, fuel drums and a bit of piping to be honest, but as I say, my heart quailed.

Fuel Rack 5

And more than a few modellers have had a go:

I can’t remember where I found these so if it’s the work of anyone on this site, my apologies.

Coward that I am, identifying a 3D individual/firm may well be the way to go; mind you, as I say, it’s not as though I’m lacking other kits to build(!)

4 Likes

Always fancied an M103, but have avoided the Dragon offering due to the issues highlighted, but looks like Takom might tempt me now!

I think I’m going to go with the M103A1 because it has a different rear hull than the M48/M60.

1 Like

That is Army. The Marines did not use the big white stars by that point in time. They usually had a large letter & number combo on the turret sides for company platoon and vehicle ID.
The Army used geometric shapes with numbers for the same purposes.

3 Likes

The M103A1 hull rear was very similar to the hull rear of the M48 and M48A1.

1 Like