Looking for a Good Truck Mechanic

I’ve been looking around for a 1/35 scale WWII US mechanic figure to go along with a US Diamond T 968 Cargo Truck.

The closest I’ve been able to come is the MiniArt (35284) ‘US Motorcycle Repair Crew (3) w/2 Motorcycles.’ These poses could possibly work with a bit of Franken-figuring.:hocho: Unfortunately, the kit is a little pricey at $37.49 US since I’ll never use the 2 included motorcycles. On the other hand, the toolbox and tools are kinda’ nice.:hammer_and_wrench:

Anybody out there got any other mechanic suggestions? TIA.

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

1 Like

There is this set on Ebay that is reasonably priced.
USA vendor
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verlinden-WWII-Tank-Mechanics-No-2511/183745098928?hash=item2ac80fb4b0:g:6tIAAOSw~Kpclmme

1 Like

Will any of the figures in this Miniart set work?

2 Likes

I believe Reedoak offers 3D printed USAAF mechanics in a variety of scales and I believe 1/35 is among them but as they are in France I think it would be more costly than the Miniart kit when you consider shipping.

Carlos, you’re crew is hired! … Turns out, I should have broadened my Google search to include “drivers.” That said, I think the MiniArt (35180) US Army Drivers (5) set looks most suitable for my needs. I was able to find the kit for a reasonable price on eBay.

Thank’s to all, for your input.

—mike

The other option is to buy the motorcycle guys, keep the figs, and sell on the bikes to recover at least part of your costs.

1 Like

Hi Tom, I had that thought as well. However, upon discovery of the MiniArt “US Army Drivers” set, I decided it was a better fit and ordered the kit last night.

—mike