Looking for pilot figures

Is anyone not using WWll RAF pilot figures, ie; Airfix ones (or any other)? I would gladly relieve you of that burden!
:smiley:

I use all my pilots, but what scale are you looking for?

I would like to be able to buy in plastic seated WW2 pilots in 1/72 and seated WW1 pilots in 1/48. I have done resin when that is the only option but I don’t think there are many options for WW1 pilots in either medium.

Braille Scale - 1/72!
I’ve noticed the new tool Airfix Bolton-Paul Defiant (1/72) has really well-sculpted crew figures, but I don’t want to buy that kit just for the figures. Their Hurricanes and Spitfires seem to be the same ones from pre-historic days, and the pilots show that!

I got a couple of PJ-productions resin pilot sets to go in my Tamiya kits. They are very fragile but nicely scuplted. If your pilot is in a closed cockpit you’re not going to see much detail, but yes, the RAF pilots are fairly simple sculpts.

I have the same problem to man my PBY5 Catalina Black Cat in the Pacific theater. All there seem to be are the PJ Production seated US Navy Pilots of WWII.

I’ll check my spares and see what I can come up with.

Only WW2 pilot I have who isn’t from the Pacific.

I forget if he’s from the Airfix Spitfire or the Airfix Mustang. If you want it PM me and he’s yours.

I’ve noticed the new tool Airfix Bolton-Paul Defiant (1/72) has really well-sculpted crew figures, but I don’t want to buy that kit just for the figures. Their Hurricanes and Spitfires seem to be the same ones from pre-historic days, and the pilots show that!

I rather like those Airfix prehistoric figures! :grin:

Seriously, though, I’ll take a look in my parts box for you…

Thanks! :+1:

Well… of course when you paint them up no matter the age they look great! :grin: