Looking to get into U.S Cold War armor

I have ordered from them many times and no issues, but never any “on demand” items. So I don’t have feedback on that aspect.

1 Like

You know of any decals for King Kong 401st TFW EOD?

No, it is just an image I lifted off the web. They look to be all black stenciling. It would be easy to print them yourself using computer decal paper.

1 Like

Can we tell/confirm if that is an A3 tank from the photo? Here is another one of those tanks the AF got.

Yes, it is an A3. The post with cage/globe is the crosswind sensor on an M60A3. I am not sure it is a blade tank though. It is next to the one with the reservoir on it.

https://forums.kitmaker.net/uploads/default/original/2X/5/527e1ee12b53d94f52234bf8e7e5729385d11cb9.jpeg

1 Like

Thanks, wanted to make sure.

Yes it’s an A3 and the markings for it will be included in the new Takom A3 with blade.

Cool, it turns out I know the guy who took the photo. Old club member, trying to see if I can get more information.

How’s this work:

Get the M60A1 release from Takom and then bolt this on

You could, but I would hold out for a Takom M60A1 w/ERA. That set is old as dirt and really rough. The mounts are all chunky metal with really rough resin ERA panels. More hassle than they are worth in my opinion. That is why they are only selling for $6.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointers Arty. Will do.

I’m very new to Cold War kits, tanks as well… WW2’s been my thing. How bad is the bad M103 from Dragon?

Also, I am looking to go after that A3 in the second picture, which kit(s) will set me up for success?

The Dragon M103 is no too bad. The barrel is a little small and it has a areas that are not well detailed, but not too bad. It does look like an M103 when done.

My build of it.

For an M60A3, I would wait for the Takom one, or get the AFV Club M60A3.

2 Likes

For the picture of the European A3, I’m leaning more towards that tank. Now, here’s a question I have for you tankers; Was that white wash water soluble? That is, once you were indexed from an FTX and hit the wash rack, did you guys scrub that stuff off?

I ask because given that the two A3’s in the picture have their barrels capped and turret guns covered, and the tracks look good and wet I presume this is on their way back in from an exercise.

Yes, the whitewash is water-soluble. That is why it looks so streaked on the A3s in the second pic.

2 Likes

If you care nothing for accuracy, the Dragon kit is ok.