M1025 "GROM" in Afghanistan Tamiya 1/35

It will be the next-eighth vehicle of the GROM unit in my collection. This time it will be sentimental because my friend was driving this vehicle. I cannot publish all photos, so I will only post one review.

9 Likes

Work progress:

Proper name of the vehicle “ŻUKU”, and why? Artur Sebastian Żukowski (born September 25, 1972, died June 5, 2004 in Baghdad) - ensign of the Polish Army.

He performed professional military service in the Military Unit 2305 “Grom”, and after its completion and transfer to the reserve, he became an employee of Blackwater USA. On June 5, 2004, on the third day of his work in Blackwater, he died along with Lieutenant Krzysztof Kaśkos (KAŚKA) !during the attack on the convoy they were guarding. An organization affiliated with al-Qaeda pleaded guilty to the attack.
He was posthumously promoted to the rank of senior ensign.

kiz4

3 Likes

This is a great project Piotr. It’s coming along nicely. It’s highly commendable that you are dedicating this to your friends.

1 Like

@metalhead85 -Yes, but my friend is alive :blush: He drove this vehicle in Afghanistan. A proper name in honor of a fallen GROM member

Great glad to hear that !

Is the MG a NVST?

@Dan it’s WKM-B- polish NVS modyfication
https://www.google.com/search?q=WKM-B&rlz=1C1GCEA_enPL969PL969&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiXueysnZj0AhXNo4sKHXwBAvoQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1280&bih=577&dpr=1.5

ASK armor on the sides of the vehicle mounted. Interior based on photos of the original. Now it’s time for the door.

4 Likes

The armor on the back consists of three layers - three types of plates. First in place

5 Likes

In my spare time, I made a few pieces of equipment. There is also a kevlar blanket to lay on the floor. The next parts of the armor are ready.

5 Likes

The monologue continues :rofl:

4 Likes

Just because your excellent work lets us speechless :wink:

Olivier

1 Like

Incredible work! And a great way to honor those soldiers.

Happy Modeling,
Zon

Thats some great detailing!

E

nd of the year, but the model is not yet. On the turret, I removed the pieces that the crew had cut. I “jump” on the model elements a bit, but this is for variety at work. Bad photos, because the weather outside … a disaster

4 Likes

I am already tired of this model. Some details, dirt, details and it will be the end.

8 Likes

Finito…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Wow, that is one laden down Hummer- so much equipment on it! You have really nailed the look of the vehicle in the photo you posted at the start- great stuff.