M142 HIMARS cab interior question

I am planning on building the Trumpeter M142 HIMARS soon. Yes, I know of all the issues with it and plan to fix some of them.

I want to add details to the cab interior but can’t find any pics that show behind the seats and what is there. There should be radios and other stuff. I can find a few that show the forward part of the cab; dash, Fire Control computer, etc., like this:

I have found this one from Ukraine that shows what looks like an NBC filter system behind the driver, but nothing else.

Does anyone have any better pics showing the rear of the cab? Frenchy?

1 Like

Not what you’re looking for I’m afraid…

H.P.

I have seen that pic as well. I think it is from the same HIMARS as the one I found of the driver in Ukraine. It came up with it in a search. Great pic and subject, but not helpful in my search.

Just a few glimpses of the interior in this video

H.P.

1 Like

I had forgotten about that video. It actually shows some good interior shots. I think I can do a basic interior from the below screen shots.

They show some basic interior parts: an NBC filter system behind the driver, nothing but wires behind the middle seat (slid all the way back against the wall), a radio rack facing the middle behind the TC seat, and lots of wires.

2 Likes

I dunno, maybe that photo is exactly what he needs to properly detail out a HIMARS interior!
Ken

1 Like

Hi Gino,

I would spontaneously say that the external modifications are already enough, but I believe you will master it!

Good luck.

Andreas

1 Like

Thanks Andreas. We’ll see how it comes out. I probably won’t start it until late summer or fall though. I have a couple more vehicles for the PATRIOT Battery to build first.

1 Like

Very reasonable, so you have time to gather more info. Pay attention to the shape of the roof. My M7 FRS project is still going on too, need to finish three HEMTTs.

1 Like